Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Project Bathroom: Before and After

I wish I had more BEFORE pictures, but unfortunately I didn't take too many! I was not too happy with my paint choice the first time we painted this thing about a year ago, so I ended up painted the entire room instead of just having one ugly accent wall. I also repainted the ceiling (not by choice... I kind of had to because I kept hitting it with the roller when I was painting the walls! I am not patient enough for painting!) a creamy white color. Now... my project is not complete without finishing touches right? I used my same oil rubbed bronze spray paint and painted all of my existing hardware (towel ring, tp holder, towel bar). I even sprayed a basket I had around to match the bathroom a little better. I decided to paint the vanity in the bathroom pillar white by behr and added some cute oil rubbed bronze hardware. Last but not least I sprung for a new light fixture... oil rubbed bronze of course! It looks like a whole new room, and I am pretty happy with it!
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
SO... let's break it down...
TOTAL COST: $44
Paint on walls: $0 (left over from front room)
Paint on ceiling: $0 (left over from master bedroom)
Paint on cabinets: $5 (after $10 gift card from work)
Hardware on cabinets: $16
Refinishing tp holder, towel ring and towel rod: $0 (left over from fan project)

New light fixture: $23 (after $25 gift card from rewards debit card)
{Before}
{After}
Satisfaction from lots of hard work: Priceless.

*Next up on the to-do list for this room... remove mirror and add framed mirror, get new ORB faucet, get new shower curtain and accessories. Those are all another project for another day...far far away. For now I am happy with my newly redone bathroom.

1 comment:

Lindie said...

Heather, It looks so cute! Way to be a budget guru! I need some tips!!