Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

I am so thankful for this special day to celebrate and remember the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the sacrifice that He made for us. I feel so blessed to know that He atoned for us that we might be able to be with our Father in Heaven again. For Easter we had our monthly FHE at my Dad's house. We all went around and shared our favorite scripture. Mine is:

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."
-Isaiah 12:2

I feel like this scripture goes perfectly with this special time of year. He is MY salvation, and I am so thankful for Him and His ultimate sacrifice.

While we were at my Dad's for Easter we had a fun little Easter egg hunt. We were told that one of the many eggs had some money in it... that made the competition a little tighter. We ran through the yard like little kids, scouring through trees and bushes looking for that one magical egg. Jerry was the lucky winner and found a ten dollar bill in his plastic egg! It was so fun to see all the little kids dressed up in their Easter gear! I cannot get enough of my little nieces. We then had a DELICIOUS dinner and yummy dessert. Then we had our traditional egg wars {I still can't believe some people don't know what this is}, and I took 2nd place! Boo yeah! Ah, I just LOVE holidays. We made the rounds and visited Jerry's parents and wished them a Happy Easter. I feel so lucky to have such a great family and extended family. I love you all!! Thanks for a great Easter!
Savanna and Isabelle in their Easter dresses
Lindsay and Vanna
S and her favorite Aunt
Me and Jerry on Easter Sunday
Baby S
Playing football
Gettin the dough in the Easter egg hunt


My new tiny niece... Sophia

1 comment:

The Hardcastles said...

Looks like Savanna isn't too sure about her "favorite aunt." I love the flood of great pics though. :)