Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Parentals

I am going to kill two birds with one stone. I missed my post for Mothers Day, so I am combining this one for Mothers and Fathers Day.
How LUCKY am I to be surrounded by a slew of incredible parents! We have truly been blessed with such wonderful examples and teachers to guide us and help us along the way. We are constantly surrounded by excellent advice and lots of love. We appreciate each and every one of them and here is why:

Dad Fox:
Teacher is a great word to describe my Dad. He has taught me many things over the years: how to golf, how to whip up the best tasting french toast you'll ever have, to ride a bike, to work hard, to appreciate good literature, to properly hold a pencil, to speak perfect English (grammar mistakes weren't allowed in our house), . He has been an excellent advice giver ranging from financial advise to golfing advice... he is always there to lend an ear, a shoulder and ALWAYS an analogy for every situation. Some of my favorite memories of him are sitting in the living room singing songs with his guitar, belting the Beatles tunes, learning to sing back up for him when he played his Eric Clapton hits, doing death defying "tricks" in the pool, listening to terrifying tales of Bilbo Baggins (Dad did the voices and all), doing pull ups on the beams in the house (and he'd always leave us hangin!), playing "Monster", FHE ('and it came to pass'), tickle fights and many many more... My Dad is such a great guy and he has taught me a lot. Thanks for all the advice and love! We love you, Dad!


Dad Flannery:
Sometimes when I am at the Flannery home I have to do a double take at some of the things I hear from Mark... He sounds exactly like Jerry! They are so similar in so many ways, and that is why I think he is such a great guy! He is a mans man... hunting, fishing, guns and adventures are what I hear most from him. A lot of Mark has rubbed off on Jerry... all the rough and tough things, but also the soft side. Mark is so caring and always concerned for his children. They are such a tight knit family, and I love that! They can all just say what is on their mind and laugh together. I think they get that from Mark. He is the first to crack a joke, and the first to speak his mind. He has raised some beautiful children and I am so glad that Jerry has turned out so much like him. I love to hear him tell his crazy stories of his days growing up. He did some wild things! I think that part of him rubbed off on Jerry too! He is such a great guy, and I am so glad to call him my second Dad. Thanks for raising such a great son and husband... I am so glad he is so much like his Dad!
Mom Flannery:
Becky is one of the most selfless, loving and generous people on the face of the earth! She has accepted me as a daughter with open arms. I always know if I need someone to talk to she is just a phone call away. Whenever I go to their house Becky is on the phone with one of her daughters offering advice and sharing the latest news. I mentioned before that this family is tight knit... I believe this credit goes to Becky. She works so hard to make sure everyone is taken care of and happy. She is an incredible woman, and has raised amazing children. Her laugh is infectious and you can't help but smile when you are around her. Becky is a true blessing to the Flannery family, the glue that holds us together. Her love for her children just shows in her face when they are around. The grand kids never want to leave Grandma's house... I have seen many kicking and screaming children be preyed from the arms of their Grandma. Grandma's house is the fun house... even for us! Many a pool game and ping pong match has been played in that house, and Becky is always willing to join in the fun. She is an amazing woman and mother. Thanks for all you do for us Becky! We love you!
Mom Fox:
Mommy! No matter how old I get, my mom will always be my Mommy. I think it bothers her a little bit when we call her that, but we get a kick out of it every time! My mom has been there for me through many tears... break-ups, kidney stones, heartaches and stomach aches. Whenever I am sick all I want is my Mommy... for some reason that always makes it better. I have daily long telephone conversations with my Mom... thank goodness for T-mobile's Fav 5! My Mom is so much fun to be with! Especially when she is groggy and about to fall asleep... we have so much fun with her! I was definitely a hand full during my teenage years, and somehow my Mom made it through all the late nights breaking curfew and late night phone conversations with countless boys. Hopefully I just made it a little easier for her to raise a few more teenagers after what she went through with me! Things I miss most about my Mom being here are her delicious homemade wheat bread and cinnamon rolls, her little parties she throws, her cute little "wahoo!" scream she does when she is excited, her hugs when you're feeling down, singing along to Donny Osmond or Wicked etc. etc. etc. She is expecting her first grandbaby and I know she is going to be an amazing Grandma! I can't wait for my own kids to get spoiled with her yummy bread and sweet treats! I miss you so much Mommy, and I wish Jerry could get to know you better! We miss you and love you lots! Happy Mothers Day!

Kris Fox:

I am one lucky girl to have three incredible Mother figures in my life. Kristine has been a great friend over the past six years as I have been able to get to know her. She is very caring and sympathetic to whatever is going on in your life. If you have the slightest sore throat or aching muscle she is the first to jump up and grab the infamous "Medical Book" and cure any ailment you might have. She will be the first to call you after a big test to see how it went or the first to congratulate you on exciting news in your life. She has raised two beautiful daughters who have become great friends of mine. She is an amazing Mother, Grandmother and friend. I am so glad to have her in my life. Thanks for all the advice, love, understanding and patience with me over the years. Thanks for everything, especially in the past few moths.... we appreciate all your love and support. Happy Moms day Kris!

What lucky kids we are to have such fabulous examples as parents! Their constant support and guidance is a true blessing in our lives. I hope one day we can be as good of parents as you are to us. I know Jerry is going to be an amazing Father one day... He is awesome with kids, and I can't wait to start a little family of our own with him. I love you baby, and Happy (Future) Fathers Day to you!

No comments: