Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

VENTING

Okay.... so everyone needs a little venting session every once in a while, right? Well... here's mine.

Driving. Sometimes driving can be the most frustrating thing ever. For example, last night, it was late at night and we were one of the few cars on the road. As we headed East (with not a single car behind us, mind you) a car decided to pull out of the parking lot onto the road right in front of us causing us to slam, and I mean SLAM, on the brakes to avoid hitting them. Then the car proceeded to drive ten miles WELL BELOW the speed limit. ARGH.

Now, usually it takes me about half an hour to get home from work during the week. But last night it took me an hour and fifteen. Driving to work in the morning usually takes about twenty minutes... today it took me forty. Why you ask? The President of the United States. Apparently they decided to close the freeways both ways and I got to sit on the road for a while so the president could breeze by. Now, don't get me wrong. I love America, and I love the President. But I HATE traffic. Now, to make things worse there were about a BILLION stupid drivers on the road.



Stupid, stupid drivers. This is what makes commuting so bad. Why is it that some people think they are so much more important than everyone else? Why do they believe they can drive in the emergency lane when traffic is bad, or in the carpool lane when they only have ONE PERSON IN THE CAR? How about when the lane is going to merge, and there is a BIG YELLOW SIGN and FLASHING LIGHTS that tells you MERGE... why don't they think "hmmm... I see a big yellow sign, I will just merge over." NO. They think, "hmmm... I will speed up to the very edge where my lane completely ends and I will try and squeeze in with all the people that have been waiting." How about those super smart people that see a cars length between two cars (which is a safe way to drive) and decide that they can fit between the space? Love it. I also love when you let someone in front of you in line, and then they won't let a single person in front of them! What is that all about? I love the people who see it is a little congested in the exit lane, so they decide to pass all the waiting cars and just about cause an accident cutting across to get off the freeway. My favorite though is when someone tailgates. It is so awesome having to worry every second of your commute that at any moment they are going to rear end you. That is my favorite.






Now, I admit... I am not a perfect driver, but come on.... give me a break! Sometimes I seriously just want to get a megaphone on my car and yell at people when they do stupid stuff. I just wish people would be courteous and smart about there driving. Get off your cell phones, don't eat cereal while you drive, don't turn around and wrestle your kids in the back seat, don't read a book while driving through rush hour traffic, don't drive in the carpool lane if you don't have a carpool, USE your blinkers, don't swerve between lanes and please don't tailgate. If you decide you want to do any of these things... please, PLEASE, don't do them to me. Thanks!




HAPPY DRIVING!

No comments: