Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend

I love long weekends... the only thing I hate about them is they always seem to end too soon. Tomorrow we have to go back to work, and the only thing that is cheering me up about it is the fact that it will be the weekend again in four days! We have really had such a great Memorial Day weekend. It was filled with lots of fun things... such as:

1. Indiana Jones Movie Night: It started with with dinner at ZTejas... it was a first for Jerry and I, and I can't complain... not raving, but not complaining. Then it was on to the movie with Jerry, Sara and Lauren. I have to admit, I had extremely high hopes for Indy... but they fell a little short. I liked the movie overall, but some of the scenes were laughable.... when I am sure they weren't supposed to be. I grew up watching the Indiana Jones trilogy over and over and over again. They were a staple in the Fox household. That is why disappointment set in when the movie wasn't quite up to par with the others. Still, a good show... but if you are going to see it... wait for the DVD.

2. Arcades: We played some arcade games before the movie. We decided to play a basketball game... we played it over and over again. Jerry was trying to prove he could beat me at the game. I guess he didn't know he married a baller. HOLLA! I beat him every time. WOOT WOOT!

3. New Camping Grill and Lantern: We still had a few gift cards from the wedding so we decided to head over to Target and pick up some killer camping equipment. Jerry was so excited he had to come straight home and put it together and try it out.

4. Air Rifle & BBQ: A few weeks ago we bought a cool target for Jerry's air rifle. It is actually pretty fun to shoot. We had a good time this weekend trying to hit the smallest target we could. We weren't very successful.


5. UFC Fight Night: We had so much fun watching BJ Penn dominate Sean Sherk, Tido Ortiz get his butt whooped and Keith Jardin get knocked the freak out. Thanks to everyone who came over... we had a great time! (See Jerry... I DO know what I am talking about!)



6. Catching (yet again) Tiger Muskie: We headed up to Pineview again with Connor and Ash to test our luck at catching some more Tiger Muskies... our luck proved to be in tact, because Jerry and I both caught some big'ns (that's fisher mans talk for "big ones"). I am officially addicted to fishing now that I am getting the hang of catching these muskies. I can't wait to go again!




7. Remembering: We went with Jerry's family to see his Grandma Barb... her headstone was beautiful. It was the first time I had been there, and it was great to be able to remember her... I know Jerry was glad we were able to go with his sisters and remember the wonderful woman she was. We also went to my Grandma Fox's and sister Taysha's sites. I am just so grateful to know that I will be able to see them again. I am so truly thankful for the knowledge that families will be together forever. It is a great time of the year to remember all those that have passed that made such a great impact on our lives.


8. NEW: We decided after seeing commercial after commercial of RC Willey Sales, and our stimulus checks sitting in the bank... that we needed some new stuff. We have old hand me down stuff that has lasted us through years of apartments... but we needed something that was "ours" and wasn't falling apart at the seems. We went all out and bought a new couch, love seat and TV. We are so excited to get them here we can hardly stand it! How we are going to fit it all into our little apartment, that's another story, but nonetheless we are thrilled!


9. Iron Man: Okay, so just another comic book movie, right? WRONG. This is one of the only really great movies I have seen in a long time! I was so impressed. Seriously... I don't normally like comic book movies, but this one was awesome. I can't wait for a sequel.


10. Bees: I was so disappointed in the weather this weekend, and I was starting to get nervous that I wasn't going to be able to go to any Bees games. But the weather pulled through in time for us to watch the Bees get spanked by the Beavers. Even though we lost, we still had a great time! I was honestly laughing the entire time. Thanks Connor and Ashley for a great night! hahaha.... oh my.





All in all it was a great weekend... I just wish we had more of them around. Oh well, off to another week of work and then play play play on the weekend! Until then.... I'll be working.

No comments: