Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pee Pee Teepee

AKA wee wee wigwam, cock cap, sprinkler shade, etc.
I have seen these and heard that they are a life saver when it comes to changing little boys diapers. I saw them at a local baby boutique $12 for 5. Well.... I thought to myself, I can do better than that! I bought some cute fleece fabric on sale at JoAnns and went to town. I used THIS tutorial, and it was really easy! I used fleece in the inside for some and a cut up fabric diaper/burp cloth in others. I even used some scraps from leftover projects on some that are just cotton on the outside. It really doesn't take much fabric to make these suckers, and I whipped out about twelve in an hour or so. I probably over did it and made too many, but if they work, I figure I will have some in the wash and some with our changing stuff. Plus they were so fun to make, I just couldn't stop!! I also made some matching burps with the left over fabric.
{the burps}


{the wigwams}

3 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

You can never have too many...

Amelia Poll said...

Oh, and a little tip - wash them inside out so that once they are dried they won't lose their shape.

I promise, I'll stop. No more unsolicited advice.... Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of the little one. I'll be thinking of you! (And Merry Christmas!!!)

Lauren and Eric said...

So cute! You are so creative and talented.