When we moved into our house every room had chair rail. Don't get me wrong, chair rail can be great if done at the right height and with the right materials. In our case it just didn't look all that good. We went ahead and removed the chair rail in the nursery. We then sanded the whole sucker down, patched up the walls, primed and repainted the whole room (a task I was trying to avoid). We ended up going a little more blue than the original color, which Jerry wasn't too happy about (we avoid the color blue in our home because we bleed red), but I think it will be really nice when it all comes together. I got four paint color samples and it took me quite a while to decide which one I really liked. I would casually walk into the nursery trying not to look directly at the colors on the wall just hoping that I would catch one in my peripheral vision that looked great. I am pretty indecisive, and Jerry frankly just doesn't care... so it took a little while to choose a paint color. In the end... I think we chose the best one. It is called Dolphin Fin by Behr. It is more on the grey side with a hint of blue. It was a lot of work, but I think it will all be worth it in the end.
1 comment:
I really love the new color! You guys do great things with remodels! I am so impressed!
Post a Comment