Week 23: (September 12-19)
Monday- Wednesday: Feeling pretty good this week so far. No really big complaints to speak of.
Thursday: No work today, went to lunch with Grandpa and Lindsay. Afterwards I went and did a little shopping and got lots of new maternity stuff. A couple pair of jeans, a few shirts and some comfy flat shoes. I even got the little baby gaga a few things. I can't wait to see him in them! He is going to be such a stud! I went to my BFF Lauren's house after shopping and she was able to feel the baby move a little! It is exciting that people can finally feel him from the outside now! GNO tonight as well with the high school friends. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up. I am excited for my little man to have lots of little friends to play with at our little GNO's. He is going to be a ladies man, cuz he will be the only boy to be born into our group of friends so far!
Week 24: (September 20-26)
Monday: I had another Doctors appointment today and everything went just great! Heard the babies heartbeat again. Still measuring a week ahead of schedule... so I am hoping that they will change my due date and I will be able to have this baby a little sooner than expected! My feet are starting to swell pretty bad at the end of the day, and I asked the doctor if there is much I can do about it... no such luck. Stay off my feet, he said... yeah right! I am drinking tons of water and he told me I definitely don't need to be drinking any more water than I already am. At my next appointment I will be in my third trimester! WOO HOO! Can't wait!
Tuesday-Thursday: Things are going great lately. No sickness... not even feeling nauseous at all! The only ailment I have currently is feeling HUGE. It is getting harder and harder to get dressed in the morning, take a shower, do my hair... pretty much any everyday thing is a big old pain when you are HUGE. I can officially not see anything from my waste down when I look down. Not even my toes. I went to lunch Thursday with the Flannery girls at a local Mexican place and I ate my entire chimichanga! I don't think I have ever done that before in my life! I guess baby was just extra hungry? That is the excuse I will use. I also went to dinner tonight with my cute friend Karin. It was so fun to catch up with her and we were at the restaurant until closing time!
Friday: SICK SICK SICK. AGAIN. SICK. Seriously. Can I catch a break here?
Saturday: Utah football game tonight. It was a total blow out game and we left a few minutes early (mostly because of my complaining of my soar bum that couldn't take the bleacher seat for one more second!). It was a fun game, but I was really tired and hot and ready to go home afterwards.
Sunday: Sick again today. No bueno. My sister had a little party for my niece's two year birthday! My does time fly! It is crazy how big they get in such a short amount of time! Can't wait for her to have a little buddy to play with soon!
Week 25: (September 27-October3)Monday: Today I feel a little off. Not sick today (thank goodness) but just a little dizzy and weird feeling. Hopefully everything is okay.
Tuesday: Tonight I had another GNO with my sorority girls. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up. It is hard for me to see them all so cute and skinny and I am huge and pregnant. I have never been more motivated in my life to lose some of this weight after the baby comes! Sheesh.
Wednesday: Mosquito's are loving me lately. I guess all this extra blood in my system is extra attractive to them? Whatever the reason... it is pretty dang annoying. And painful. My bites don't go away for days!
Thursday: No work today since I work on Saturday. Went to lunch again with Gramps and Lindsay today. Baby was moving A LOT at lunch and Lindsay was able to feel baby gaga give her a few swift kicks! It was so fun for her to feel him! He is getting bigger and bigger and his movements are definitely getting stronger and stronger!
Friday: Picked up a ton of paint swatches today for the nursery. Hopefully we can agree on a color and get going on the painting!
Saturday: Ordered the crib online today! Can't wait to get it and set it up! I am getting super excited to finish up the nursery. Hopefully it all comes together how I see it in my head.
Sunday: Watched conference today and my hormones were in full motion! I was crying and laughing and touched by the spirit all at the same time. What a day!
Week 26: (October 4-10)
Monday: What is this restless feeling I get in my legs every night before I go to bed? I feel like I need to take a walk before I go to bed just so my legs are just as tired as I am.
Tuesday: Tonight I painted four blocks of sample paints on the walls. Fingers crossed we can pick out a color that we both like.
Friday: Feeling pretty good this week. Not a lot of complaints. I am starting to get a dull ache in my lower back near my kidney on my right side and I am hoping that I am not getting another kidney stone (I have had them three times before and I really don't want to get them again now). I can tell I have gained a lot of weight in my face because I have this "cute" double chin now. Oh the joys of pregnancy.
Saturday: We removed the chair rail in the nursery and it is already looking much better!
Week 27: (October 11-17)Monday: The ache in my kidney is getting worse and worse. I am holding out going to the doctor until I am writhing in pain. It is getting close... but I am keeping hope that I don't have stones. Pray that I don't.
Tuesday: Put together some shelves for the nursery tonight and I don't think the baby liked me bending over and lifting stuff because he was kicking me for it later. Not very nice, baby, not very nice.
Wednesday: We patched the holes from removing the chair rail tonight. Hopefully our armature patching skills cover everything pretty well.
Thursday: Pain. Pain. Pain. Not good. Going to doctor tomorrow.
Friday: It's official. I have kidney stones. The crappy thing about kidney stones is there really isn't a whole lot that you can do about them. You just have to wait for them to pass. I will be drinking lots and lots and lots of fluids this weekend to try and get these suckers out of me. I am pretty well miserable at this point. Kidney stones are the worst thing I have ever been through in my 25 years, and being pregnant definitely doesn't help. Luckily I can take some lortab and it won't hurt the baby so I will be able to get on top of this pain soon. Not fun. Not fun at all.
Saturday: I am taking it easy this weekend and trying to get over these damn stones. Jerry primed the walls in the nursery, and it is starting to look pretty good! Passed one stone this evening. Let's hope the rest come out soon.
Sunday: Passed another stone this afternoon. It is crazy how the relief is pretty much immediate. Hopefully that is all I had. Otherwise.... I might just die.
Week 28: (October 18-24)
Monday: Threw up this morning. Awesome. Luckily I did it BEFORE I had to drink my nasty glucose test drink. Then I felt nauseous after I drank the drink. BLAH. Today at my doctors appointment I had the whole kit and caboodle done. Urine test to see if there was still blood in my urine from the kidney stones to indicate if I still had any stones passing. Flu shot. Glucose Test. Blood Drawn. Lots and lots of fun. Luckily the doctor told me there was no more blood in my urine, which meant no more stones. YAY. But my kidney is inflamed and it still hurts like hell. I have been sleeping on my right side and he told me that I need to be sleeping on my left side to relieve some of the pressure off of my right kidney. It is going to be hard for me to switch sides, but I will do whatever I have to do to get rid of this pain.
Tuesday: Threw up a few times this morning. Seriously? Is my morning sickness back? It may just be that I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. I pretty much tossed and turned all night. I was trying to make a conscious effort to sleep on my left side. It doesn't help that they gave me my flu shot in my left arm and it was really sore where they poked me. All day today I kinda felt like I had the flu too! I had some chills and body aches. My kidney still hurts and I am just miserable today. Good news is Jerry and his brother in law were able to pick up the crib today! I can't wait to put it together!
Wednesday: SICK AGAIN. Not just in the morning though. Today it followed me throughout the day. I wanted to just go home and get into bed. But I made it through the day. These ten hour work days just aren't cutting it for me. I am exhausted by the end of the day and I really just want to go home and go to bed. Am I a downer today? Yes. Am I depressed? Yes. Am I ready to be done with this? Yes. I cannot wait to feel normal again. I know I should be happy and grateful and chipper and upbeat. But today is just one of those days. And I am not. And I will not be... at least not today. And I am ok with that.
Thursday: Threw up again this morning. Ate a piece of pumpkin pie after and felt a little better. Nothing is better than pumpkin pie. Especially for breakfast.
Friday: Feeling a lot better today. Worked today, then went to my friend Missy's house for dinner and a craft. I was really tired by the time I got home. But at least when I got home Jerry had painted the nursery! It is starting to look pretty good. It still needs a second coat of paint, and we need to touch up the trim and closet doors. But it is coming along! I can't wait for it to be done!
Saturday: Didn't get ANYTHING done today. NOTHING. Just stayed in bed all day. Not feeling well... again. I even missed the Utah game. That was the first one I have missed in three years. It is a sad day.
Sunday: Feeling a little better. Church is at 1, and sometimes I get so caught up getting ready for church that I forget to eat lunch before I go. Halfway through church I feel like I might faint and I may or may not have to snag a snack from the nursery to get me through the rest of the day.
Week 29: (October 25-28)
Monday: Sick this morning, but it thankfully wore off throughout the day. I had my first baby shower tonight and I feel so blessed to be a part of the Flannery family. They are so generous and the baby got lots and lots of really cute stuff!
Tuesday: Woke up at 2:30 this morning throwing up. Couldn't go back to sleep so I sat up on the couch until about 4:30 until I could make myself go back to bed. I have the chills and body aches... it feels a lot like the flu. But I had a flu shot. WTF? Sick all day long. Jerry got home from work to find me over the toilet and he made me call my doctor. They said that I probably had a touch of the flu and to try and drink lots of fluids. Too bad I can't keep anything down. I am so tired. Tired of being sick. My body is just tired. I don't know if I can do this much longer. But I know baby gaga needs me to be strong... so I am trying to be. I really am trying to be. Jerry gave me a blessing tonight and we both just cried afterwards. We are so blessed to be able to bring a little spirit into this world. We just want him to be a happy and healthy baby. If it means me being sick. So be it.
Wednesday: I thought I could make it into work today and I would eventually start feeling better. After throwing up twice within an hour of being at work I decided that it probably wasn't doing anyone any good for me to be there. I left work around 11, called my doctor and went home. I took a nice long bath since every muscle in my back and my stomach were aching from all the strain of throwing up. It seemed to help a bit. The doctor called me in a prescription for Zofran. It seemed to help a little. I stayed on the couch, rested my aching muscles and ate some chicken noodle soup and jello. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Thursday: Slept a lot better last night than I have in a LONG time. I woke up still feeling a little nauseous, but no throwing up. I hurried and took some zofran before it got any worse and it really seemed to help. Why did I wait so long to get this miracle drug?
6 comments:
oh you sweet thing. as i read this i found myself shaking my head in total agreeance. it may be hard to believe but i know exactly, EXACTLY how you feel. maybe you and i should just team up and lay on the couch together?! i was sick just like this my first pregnancy and was throwing up while trying to teach school. so awesome! zofran and phenegran are my drugs of choice. totally life savers. but still doesn't help the feeling of wanting to be/feel normal again. i totally know what you mean!!! hang in there. if it makes you feel any better i am at home doing the same thing!!!, just much farther behind you. boo.
xoxo
Girl, I am so so sorry that you are feeling sick again lately. It sounds totally miserable. I really hope that your last two months are better... can you believe that?! Only a little over two months to go!! And then you will have a beautiful little guy AND no work for a few months! Woohoo! See you tomorrow!
Oh my heck the questions is not why did you wait so long to get zofran its is how did you waited so long? I didn't make it past my 10th week with out it! Crappy "morning" sickness. I am so sorry to hear that you are still sick. Like you said in the end it is totally worth it. If you had to be sick for a year you'd do it. That little face and sweet cuddly body is all worth it! Good luck I hope you get some relief soon!
So Zofran is good eh? I have tried B6 with unisom but it did me no good. Does the Zofran eliminate nausea too, or just wanting to trhow up? I'm so sorry you have been this sick!
Zofran is the most amazing drug I have ever had, in my life. I am glad that your doctor finally gave you a prescription for it...why did they wait so long?
By the way, yes, mosquitoes are highly attracted to pregnant women, and Restless Leg syndrome is very common in pregnancy.
I hope you continue to feel better. I can promise you it really is all worth it in the end. All the discomfort and pain is worth the cute little face that you grew in your body.
I retract my former statement about Zofran. It is the second most amazing drug. The epidural was THE most amazing... I'm just sayin'...
Post a Comment