Week 21 (August 30-September 5)
I am over the half way mark! WOO HOO! Not much to report this week (this is a good thing!!). I am feeling really great this week! The only major new thing to report is that I have had to start getting up a couple of times in the night to go to the bathroom, but other than that I am feeling good. We went to the Utah football game this week and when we got home I noticed that my feet were totally swollen. I had some major cankle action going on and it wasn't pretty. They stayed swollen for a good two days. I made sure I drank a ton of water and it seemed to help them go down a little. We were able to take a short vacation to Island Park with Jerry's family and it was really nice to be able to be in the cool weather and relax a little. I felt a ton of baby movement while we were gone, and I think it is because I was so relaxed. All in all a really good week.
Week 22 (September 6-12)
As my belly is expanding I am getting some pretty bad rib pains. I feel like my rib cage is trying to expand and all my organs are being pushed up inside my rib cage. It is pretty unbearable. Hopefully I can find some stretches or something that will help.
Still feeling pretty good... still just a little tired. I am starting to waddle a little when I walk and it is a tad embarrassing. The bump is growing, and I can tell the baby is growing too, cuz I can feel his movements a lot stronger and up higher in my belly. I think this little one is going to be an athlete with the kicks and punches he gives me!
Thursday: Tonight I went to my step sister Courtnee's house to see her brand new baby. I had to keep myself from crying while I was holding sweet little Avery. It made it feel real that I am going to have a little one of these things soon! She was darling and TINY. It kinda made me feel totally unprepared to take care of something that little.
Tonight as we were laying in bed I could feel baby gaga moving A TON. I grabbed Jerry's hand and put it on my belly. I looked at him and his eyes got wide. I asked him "Did you feel that?" and he just smiled and nodded. Then he looked at me again and said "I felt that too!!". I am so glad that Jerry can finally feel him moving. It was a special moment.
Saturday: GO UTES! It was too bloody hot at the game today. I was dripping with sweat and I had to get up and walk around in the shade for a while and even get a snow cone. Jerry kept telling me that I was proving to him that I was as "true fan" since I was still cheering on the Utes in the heat! I am pretty much a walking heater, and add 89 degree weather to the mix and you get a sweaty pregnant lady- not a pretty sight to see. Can't wait for the weather to cool down (I think that is the first time in my life I have ever said that!)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you are starting to feel better! You are definitely a true Ute fan to be out in the heat like that on Saturday! Can't wait to see you on Thursday!
Post a Comment