Monday & Tuesday: I feel amazing. Like, literally, SO good. It is pretty crazy how one day you can be hovering over a toilet ready to give up and then next day you can be chipper and feel healthier than ever. Everyone at work was shocked that I looked and acted 'normal' again. It felt good to be able to finish my lunch break and not feel like I needed a nap right after. I can play with the dogs and even felt like taking them on a walk with Jerry. My energy is up and I am feeling great! I broke down and bought us some 600 thread count sheets, a nice thin coverlet and a ceiling fan for our room. I have never slept better in my life!
Wednesday: Today I feel kinda queasy, but still not too bad. I am starting to get nervous that something might be wrong. This is a tough stage... I am not throwing up (which made me feel like at least I knew for sure baby gaga was alive and well) and I can't feel the babes move yet. I wish that at least I could feel it and then I would know that he/she is alive and well. Good thing we have an appointment on Monday, or I think I might go nuts wondering if this whole "feeling too good to be true" is all a sham or if I really am out of the "sick zone". Lets hope it's the latter of the two.
PS... my new cravings: Cheetos and pretzel M&M's. YUM YUM YUMMY!
Friday: I woke up this morning at 3:30 am on the dot. Sat up for a minute in bed because I felt like I had some mad heartburn going on. Popped a couple of tums. Then I made the dash to the toilet to hurl. Awesome. Let me say this, throwing up sucks. But throwing up when you have nothing in your stomach sucks even worse. I went to the kitchen and ate a small bowl of cereal hoping that would calm my stomach. I sat down on the couch for a few minutes to let my stomach settle. Then I made another mad dash to the bathroom. Let me say this, cereal isn't my favorite food going down, and it most certainly doesn't taste very good coming back up. It is now 4:40 am and I am laying in bed silently crying as tears run down my cheeks. Jerry just keeps saying "I'm sorry babe." "I'm sorry babe." over and over and over again. He is totally out of it and it is driving me crazy. I get up to go lay on the couch and maybe catch a little shut eye before work. No can do. At 6:00am I am making another dash to the bathroom. Exhausted would be a good word to describe me at this point. I took a sliver of the fenegrin hoping it would help with the nausea but not zonk me out like last time. 6:30 am leaning over the throne dry heaving. Obviously the fenegrin didn't work. Ate a piece of bread. 7:00am threw up the bread. That makes a grand total of five barfs in three and a half hours. Amazing. I made it to work without having to pull over and use my trusty bowl. Maybe the fenegrin is working. Lets hope so. I feel like crap I look like crap. Today is going to be a crappy day.
Week 15 (July 19-25):
Monday: It's a BOY! We went to the doctor today and we were able to see what we are having. Here is how it went... right when the doctor put the ultrasound wand on my tummy our little guy was giving us a peep show. His legs were spread wide open! It was so funny! The doctor checked the rest of the guy and we got some good profile pictures and a really cute one of his little chicken leg (just like his dad). Jerry was fist pumping in the doctors office as soon as the doctor told us it was a boy! The doctor let us just sit and watch our baby for a minute and he was moving A LOT! I will quote the doctor "You have one active baby in there!". It was so cool to watch him putting his arms behind his head and doing little acrobatics in my tummy. It will be so cool when I can finally feel him! It is so amazing to be able to call him a HIM! haha.
Friday: I am sick today. Like... pretty darn sick. I keep hoping that I am over the "sick stage" but, alas...
Week 16 (July 26-August1)
I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes this week. All I can say is that they make a world of difference! Why did I wait so long to buy them? At the store they had a little pregnant belly that you could put on that made you look like you were 7 months prego. I put it on and had a laugh attack. I showed Jerry and we both just started laughing. It was so weird to see! haha. It was really fun to go shopping though... it makes me feel like it is real now! YIKES!

Week 17 (August 2-8)
Wednesday: I went to Old Navy today and got some really cute maternity clothes and they were all on a major sale. I went to my sisters house after to show her what I had scored and we had a little cry fest together. I am so glad to have my sister who has been through this already and she can give me advice! Now if I could stop crying at every little thing! Sheesh.
Friday: Today was awesome. I felt him kick. I mean... KICK! I thought for the last week or so that I could feel him just squirming around a little, but OH BOY. This is nothing like I have ever felt before. It is few and far between when I feel it, but it is pretty amazing when I do. I can't wait to be able to feel him all the time! What an awesome feeling!
Sunday: Super sick today. Not cool. When I say super sick this is not like my normal days when I feel gross first thing when I wake up and have to kind of drag myself throughout the morning. This is the morning where I am RUNNING to the bathroom multiple times to hopefully make it in time to hit the toilet. This is a bad morning. Today is my little brothers mission farewell and I am not feeling so hot. We are playing a quartet in the meeting, and hopefully I don't lose it all over the stage... that would not be good. BOO. Can anyone make this sickness thing go away?
Week 18 (August 9-15)
This week I had less good days this week than bad. I don't want to bore you with the details. But lets just say they aren't good. I am still waiting for the week when I have more good days than bad days. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
I can still feel him moving a ton and it has gotten to the point where I can feel him moving pretty much all the time. It is pretty exciting, and I can't wait for Jerry to be able to feel him too!
Sleep is becoming harder and harder to come by. I cannot get comfortable when I sleep. When I lay on my side my hips start to hurt. Being a stomach sleeper it has been hard to adjust to sleeping on my back or my sides, but at this point in pregnancy laying on your back is a no-no. I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried the body pillow, propping up, switching sides... everything. I don't wake up feeling rested and most mornings I have big bags under my eyes. I am pretty well exhausted, and I need to find a good solution for finding myself some quality sleep. Any suggestions?
I feel like I am really starting to "show" now. It is pretty obvious (at least to me) that I am a prego lady now. Maternity clothes help make that a bit more obvious, but sometimes people just say weird things to pregnant people. A few of my favorites so far:
"Oh, miss, would you like to go ahead of me in line?" I'm alright, thanks though. "You really should just go ahead of me" AS HE IS TOUCHING MY BELLY! Excuse?
"You don't even look pregnant!" Is not something that you should ever say to a pregnant lady. That means that they were just that fat before they were pregnant. Not cool
"You are having a boy... your face gets fatter when you are having a boy." Thanks for the compliment beyotch!
"Yeah you can tell you are having a boy because you show from the front... and the back." Really? Who says that?
1 comment:
I loved being able to feel him move around for the first time. But, don't freak yourself out when he has quiet days, and isn't moving as much, because they will come and it will scare the crap out of you. And even with me telling you this, you'll still freak out, and that's OK :)
I'm sorry that the pregnancy has been so rough for you - hopefully you will soon have more good days than bad.
Post a Comment