Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Please and Thank You

What ever happened to 'please' and 'thank you'????

People these days have no sense of courtesy. It seems that lately people have had worse and worse attitudes about things and they have decided to take their frustrations out on me. I totally understand that when you are in the customer service field you just have to sit back and take it. I tend to think of myself as a pretty tough cookie, and I can definitely sit back and take it with the best of them. But when is it going to far? When is enough enough? I have helped plenty of interesting people in my day, and today was no different.

I had a woman come in the bank today and just yell at me. Completely up in my face, spit flying out of the mouth, angry beyond belief yelling at me. It was awesome. I mean, really, who doesn't love a good spit wad fly in your eye as you are getting a verbal beating? Like I said before, I consider myself a tough cookie. But today I lost it. TOTALLY lost it. I stood up from my seat(after twenty minutes of trying to help her and getting nowhere) and told her I would find someone else to help her and as I walked away I broke down in tears. TEARS! Who cries at work?? Not me. I was embarrassed and shaken up. Who is this woman who feels it is okay to treat someone that way? There was no please... no thank you... nothing. Just udder rudeness. The worst part about it was that this evil woman who had been completely rude to me was calm and pleasant to the next person who helped her. Awesome. Doesn't she sound like such a thrill to be around? Whatev. I am over it. My tears are dry and I am over it. I just hope that I don't get another psycho customer for the rest of the week or else I might REALLY lose it.

P.S.
I also love being called a 'horses patoot' and being told that America is evil.
Blah. Sorry about this rant. It just really is a blah day.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man I'm sorry. I definietly don't miss working in that field of business! ...or working at all for that matter!I remember when I worked there I had this lady come in speaking Spanish to me. When she found out that I don't speak Spanish she got angry with me. I mean really. This is nothing compared to what you dealt with today though. I'm sorry.

Amelia Poll said...

Oh man. That sucks. I have totally cried at work from people just blatantly yelling at me. There is only so much you can handle. I had one woman accuse me of stealing a$100 bill from her. She was convinced I had taken it and put it in my cash register, she even got her daughter involved. When I called my manager (which she brought security with her) the woman "miraculously" found her money. She still blamed me for her misplacing it though. I left my lane, and broke down for a good 15-20 minutes. Some people are just rude, and have no consideration. Unfortunately Customer Service Reps are the ones that deal with it.

Here's hoping your week is better!!

Tanya Rasmussen said...

I'm so sorry. I've totally been screamed at on several occasions at my job. It's terrible! I don't handle it well, I've been brought to tears more than once. Who do these people think they are?!?

Liz said...

worst day ever. she was evil. and you're not a wuss for crying, i cry at work all the time. at least you've got a big desk to shield you from the lamies... yelling customer = crying liz. gross.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I cant believe some people! Who does that? I would have been crying for sure. No one has the right to treat someone like that, I dont care what it is about. I hope you had a better rest of the week!Love you!