Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

SURPRISE!

"I think you underestimate my sneakiness sir."
Never underestimate my sneakiness, Jerry. Never.

For the last few weeks I have been keeping a secret from Jerry, and he had NO idea. My sneaky ways were just too clever for him. I sneakily sent invitations via USPS, ordered a cake and balloons, texted all of Jerry's friends, made dinner and movie reservations for a large group, coordinated with the host of said restaurant, divied out responsibilities to willing friends and SURPRISED the hell out of my husband. Mwahahaha..... so sneaky.

I gathered all our closest friends at the Sky Box at the Gateway and told Jerry that I wanted to take him out for his birthday, but that I really wanted to watch the opening ceremonies of the winter Olympics.... besides, we had a gift card there that we hadn't used yet (thanks Erin!). He totally took the bate. Jerry had no idea that when we arrived at the restaurant that twelve of his closest friends would be waiting for him. Now, if you know Jerry you can probably imagine his reaction... there was no jumping up and down or screaming or covering of the face in embarrassment. He just stopped dead in his tracks and a big smile spread across his face and he hestitantly said... "Hey guys." It was pretty classic Jerry and we all had a good laugh. It was so fun to see Jerry surprised and have him be with his friends on his birthday! I really owed him a good birthday since last year we painted our house all day and then we went to Taco Bell for dinner. I think I made up for it.
{this is not the actual surprise photo, but pretty darn close.}



The second surprise of the evening was Jerry's birthday cake. I had it specially made with him in mind. Maybe now Jerry will think twice about making all those funny faces when I take pictures...


I am so in love with this man! {Funny pictures and all!} Not a day goes by without him making me laugh. We have so much fun together, and I am so glad he is all mine! It was SO hard for me to keep such a big secret from him for so long, but I think it paid off. Happy 26th birthday Jerry!
{the whole crew that patiently waited and surprised Jerry}

2 comments:

zac and ang said...

IT WAS THE FUNNEST PARTY EVER!! yOU THROW TOGETHER A GREAT PARTY! His face was priceless too. It was so fun to see you guys. By the way, about modest swim wear, there is Shade Clothing (www.shadeclothing.com), ModBod (www.themodbod.com), and Layers (www.layersclothing.com). Layers had a fire in their wharehouse, so they are gone for a while, but hopefully back up by summer.

Amber said...

Seeing Jer's face with a big surprise would definitely be priceless. Good job pulling it off, looks like a good time!