Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Friday, February 19, 2010

On the Brain

I have house re-do on the brain. There are so many little projects that I want to tackle at our house, but I have to organize my thoughts and decide which ones would be the most worth while. As I have been doing some research to see how much each project would cost I find myself wandering the aisles of Home Depot and Lowes quite a bit. Since these projects won't start until after we get our tax return I have a lot of time to sit and look at all the pretty little things that I would like to buy. Here are a few of them.... {all photos are from my phone. sorry about the grainy quality}

{I am going to work on making one of these TV stands from a coffee table that we already have. I don't know how great it will turn out, and we might just end up buying ourselves one of these. I just can't bring myself to dropping $400 bones on this thing!} {I am in love with this table. AND the lazy susan. I want it. Bad.}
{we are going to start working on our basement soon and I am thinking an L shaped sectional would be perfect down there. And this one? So comfy.}{the kitchen is another project that will be coming up soon. I really love this faucet. ORB? yes please.}
{I have already started working on our hallway bathroom.... and that reveal will be coming soon. But I am thinking this light fixture would be just perfect in there.}
{and wouldn't this big mirror look awesome above the vanity in the bathroom? I am thinking yes. yes it would.}
Can you guess the projects I have decided on? Let me break it down for you.
House Re-Do To Do:
-Paint kitchen cabinets and add ORB hardware (maybe replace kitchen faucet with ORB if we can find a good deal)
-Get new dining room table and chairs to match our great newly painted kitchen.
-Get/Make window treatment for kitchen window (no more neighbors spying on us cooking in the kitchen! creepy!)
-Get/Make entertainment center for upstairs TV to get all the chords and electronics organized and out of the way.
-Finish hallway bathroom project (it is almost done! woo hoo!).
-Paint and texture walls/ceiling in basement to cover bad mud job from previous owners (maybe add wainscoting or bead board as well)
-Get furniture for basement
-Get/Make window treatments for basement
-Move sprinkler lines to make way for a cement patio in the back yard.
-Lay cement patio in back yard. (this one I am nervous for. my dad knows how to do cement, but would it just be worth it to pay someone to do it for us? thoughts?)
-Plant trees in backyard to block the view from the neighbors who peek into our kitchen. (any recommendations on good low maintenance trees?)
These are our 2010 house re-do projects. We will see how many of these projects we really get done! We are going to be doing these projects all by ourselves. So... if anyone has ever tackled anything similar to these projects any advice would be great! Wish us luck! I'll keep ya'll posted with our progress. Now all we need is for the IRS to hurry it up a little! Sheesh.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

WOW! I am so impressed. I have been dreaming of all the little (and big) projects that need to be done around our house. BUT, since I have no design skill/money/energy/time, they continue to be dreams, rather than reality.
If you end up painting your kitchen cabinets, let me know how it goes. I am seriously considering taking on that project just to make my kitchen a place I can stand to be.

Steph, Joe, and Sophia said...

Fun! Can't wait to see what you do! I have home projects on the brain too so I totally get this post!

Amber said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on in that brain of yours! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

The Duncans said...

Good luck with all your projects. The ones you have done so far have been adorable. Thank you for the kind words you left in my comments. I have thought about selling things, but for you, I would be happy to make you any thing you need. Just so you know!

The Turvilles said...

You are so crafty I bet all of those things will turn out so nice! I love what you have done with your office by the way!