I am trying to get my cruise clothes together so I am not running around at the last minute. Now... for all you other mormon gals out there that need to worry about a little modesty... I need to know.... Where can I get modest summer-y clothes? I can't seem to find many cute shorts that aren't daisy dukes! Also... where can I find some cute affordable semi-formal dresses that won't break the bank and will cover where needs to be covered? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ps.... remember how I told you all about modbe swimwear last summer?? Well.... it is gonzo. So sad. Any ideas of modest swimming suits as well? Thanks all!
10 comments:
I don't know where to tell you to go for swim stuff, other than Target has their suits out already. As for shorts, good luck, i can't ever find any either. I have fallen in love with knee-length skirts though. They are the best on a warm summer day. That's all I can think of. Good luck and have fun!
Beyotch!! This girl that went to my high school(I don't really know her) but she makes swimsuits that are very cute and modest! go here http://www.essentialswimwear.blogspot.com/ to find out more. Her actual website has changed, but you can still find out info. She has lots of different styles and prints. As far as shorts go, most of my knee length shorts have come from Gap or Gap Outlet. Have you checked Shade?
Your a much better woman than I am! I have no idea where to find modest cruise wear stuff.. Shade has some cute dresses that can be dressed up with accessories. Good luck!
Ok..I'm having another thought (I'm really not some crazy blog comment poster)... try mikarose.com- they have killer dresses and skirts. I love them! Plus they're having some 15% sale thing going right now, not much but every little bit helps!
I've gotten a few swimsuits from newport-news.com - they have a lot of old lady looking stuff sometimes but they have some cute ones too, but don't blame me if you look at them and they're ugly because I haven't looked there for a couple of years. You can also try layersclothing.com - I've gotten a few from there too, but I don't know if their swim stuff is out quite yet.
Gretchen, one more thing...As far as semi-formal dresses go that are modest, try Dillards. They seem to have the most that have sleeves and are long enough for g's. Look for the brand, "Jody" Some of their dresses are weird, but most of them are cute. I wore a dress that brand to my work Christmas party and it's super cute!
I am no help as far as the swimsuits go, but I would definitely look at Shade because I bought some cute stuff there just a few weeks ago. Also, I don't know if they have any right now but remember at the end of last summer when I came up to meet you after work and we went shopping? I found those cute long shorts at the Forever Young shoe store right by your work! Good luck!
I have no idea about the clothes right now, summer clothes are hard to come by...But i forgot to tell you that same cruise is what we did for our honeymoon March 2008! it was amazing! We highly recommend the zipline through the rainforest! it was a blast!!! Oh, i did get some cute longer shorts and NY and Co. for like $15 about this time of year. Maybe there? Now that I think about it they may have closed though :( look into it.
PS> LOVED the fabric! Thanks!
one more thing...this may sound WAY CRAZY! it's worth a comment though, look at maternity suits. They tend to be longer but not always bigger. If you get a smaller size you may not even notice, i have not personally tried it but i have a friend at work that only wears maternity swimming suits because they cover her whole stomach but fit better than one-pieces. Check it out?
Sorry for the excessive commenting but I thought of one more thing. For dresses, you could also check out www.mikarose.com. They have really cute, modest and affordable dresses. Some Costco stores sell their stuff!
Post a Comment