Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Eye

I look like a monster and it is pretty freaky.

I have a stye in my eye. A WHAT you say? yes.... a stye IN my eye. A stye is caused by a small gland in your eyelid becoming clogged... some even say it is like an ingrown eyelash in your eyelid. Whatever it is, it freakin hurts. I am a total woos when it comes to pain, so it is no surprise that I am being a baby over this little stye. I don't care... it still hurts. Bad.

I woke up Wednesday morning to an eye that wouldn't open. I went into the bathroom to find my eyelid swollen so much that I literally could not open my eye. Initially I freaked out, then I had to show Jerry. His reaction didn't help. I took some ibuprofen and immediately threw an ice pack on for the swelling. That helped. After the swelling went down I could see a large bump on my eyelid... that can't be a good thing, right? I went to the eye doctor and he confirmed that I had a stye... in my eye. He instructed me to put heat on it to help open the pore and gave me a prescription that I could use if I wanted. Although I am a total baby I was determined to be strong and let this one ride out and endure the pain. The next morning my eye looked like this......
Hot, right? Soooooo sexy. It a touch better than the previous morning, with a little less swelling involved. Lovely. As the days went on the swelling continued and the pain persisted, but gradually got better day by day. I debated as to if I should show these horrific pictures... and I decided that if I was going to share the story I may as well add to my humiliation and go ahead and show my disfigured face.

I really hope this never happens again.... what. a. pain.

2 comments:

pirate ride said...

Oh man that sucks!!

Melissa said...

oh no! I have heard that stye's hurt so bad! I am so sorry!! I hope your eye is doing better.