Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Shopaholic

I confess.... I am a shopaholic. Much like one of my favorite characters Rebecca Bloomwood from my all time favorite book Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever been inclined to do a little damage at the mall). This whole buying a house thing has been a real drag and has cramped my shopping style in a major way. I will wander down isles and just daydream about what I would look like in that soft sweater or those killer boots or that DARLING coat... I have even been tempted to buy some new stuff to decorate our new house, but I resisted. I have been very good about holding off on ANY type of shopping whatsoever. Don't get me wrong...it has been hard (and I have had to pass up some really good deals) but it has been worth it. I am going to make the biggest purchase of my life and it's one that I can't return back to the store if I find a snag in the zipper or I don't like the color after I try in on in a different light. This is nonrefundable, nonexchangeable... and it scares me half to death. I am so excited for this new adventure in our lives, but I am also a little depressed that my shopping days will be long gone... for a long time. So if you see me wearing the same sweater and the same pants multiple times in the same week.... you will know that I am a homeowner.

Now, I may deserve a reward every now and then for being such a great wife and saver of money.... So here are a few ideas if 'anyone' would feel so inclined. Perhaps a Valentines gift, an anniversary gift or just for fun (wink wink). Just a thought.... this shopaholic is having some major withdrawals.... if you can't tell!


...Anne Taylor Pencil Skirt...



...Black Jeweled neck cardigan from Forever 21...

...Cutest coat ever at Nordstrom... ON SALE!...

...Another sale item at American Eagle...

...Tanning pass...

...A gift card to my new favorite store Hobby Lobby...
NOW, LETS GET SOMETHING CLEAR HERE... I AM NOT SAYING I NEED ANY OR ALL OF THESE THINGS... BUT THESE ARE JUST IDEAS FOR THOSE WHO JUST LOVE ME SO MUCH AND WANT TO GET ME SOMETHING I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO BUY ON MY OWN. AGAIN.... JUST AN IDEA. ;)

1 comment:

J and B Martin said...

I'm so excited to read this book- I went to the library and they have it on hold for me- but I'm so excited! And good luck with your house purchase.. it's so much fun to have a place of your own!