Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Think Twice

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer at this fantastic time of year, but I thought I would share some recent knowledge about this festive time. In the past I usually stuff myself absolutely full to the brink of fullness on Thanksgiving. Turkey, potatoes, pie and plenty of seconds are a sure way to gorge yourself on this holiday. Here are a few items that you should think twice about before going in to load up your second plate...

(these are the most fattening things on your plate at Thanksgiving)

*Rolls

It is so easy to eat four or five of these bad boys! But plenty of empty calories, not to mention the delicious butter that you spread on them!

*Cranberry Sauce

A delicious and healthy berry, covered with sugar.... try not to go back for seconds on this dish.

*Candied Yams

Mmmmm.... My favorite part of this time of year. But the marshmallows and brown sugar? I don't know how good my will power is going to be on this sweet treat.

*Mashed potatoes and gravy

Healthy, right? wrong. These are the number two most fattening thing in your Thanksgiving feast. Shocking, right?

* Pie

A no brainer, but so hard not to try a sample of each and every single pie! This is my weakness!

I decided not to add how many calories are in each of those dishes, since I didn't want to burst into tears while I think about it. But hey.... we all can have a free day to binge every once in a while! So go ahead.... fill up your plate once or twice. Just think twice before you do... HERE are some little tips for your Thanksgiving meal. Good luck, and happy eating!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Dude, what are you doing? I kind of wish I didn't read this until AFTER I stuff myself with seconds! I'm glad you are giving yourself a free day because yours truly is making your favorite part of the meal and they will be dripping in sugar, marshmallows, and CREAM! But it's all fat free (haha!)