Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud

I feel so extremely proud to be an American today. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for this land that we live in and the opportunities we are given because of it. But today, my heart and soul is overwhelmed with pride. As I watched McCain's concession speech and Obama's acceptance speech last night my heart was full of pride. It was swelling with gratitude for this country. For our freedom, our unity and our dreams of a better future for our children. Our country has overcome so many things and come so far from when it was organized by our founding fathers. I feel so lucky to live in this time and to witness history be made. I can only hope for a better future for this glorious country, and I will do all I can to do my part to make it a better place. Although I am a little nervous for this big change in our country, there is a part of me that is excited for that change. God bless America.

1 comment:

pirate ride said...

Me too!! I watched and I even got a little teary!! I hope he does some Good!