We had the great opportunity to go with some of the Flannery crew up to Montana to do a little fishing for the Labor Day weekend. We left Friday morning and headed up near Ennis, Montana to a little place they call "West Fork". Mark and Becky had a great little vacation planned out for us, and they did a bang up job! Thanks guys for a great time! Here are some highlights from the trip:
-Our cute little cabins were actually quite nice. No TV, no cell phone reception.... really refreshing.
-Tending little Lia with Grandma while the others went fishing... boy is that girl cute!
-Watching the family fish!


-Going to church in Ennis.... I seriously loved it. I am so glad we ended up going to church while we were there. It was a great experience.
-Going to the antique stores in Ennis... they all have a funny smell! haha.


-Jerry hooking himself in the ear with his fishing hook!
-The old man that was the "hook removing expert"... thank goodness for him!

-Constantly being scared that a Grizzly was going to pop out and attack me! (I had several nightmares while we were there)
-Our little scare:
okay, this highlight deserves a little more description... Hepkin Reservoir is what feeds into the Madison River... on Saturday night they decided to start letting some water out of the Reservoir, a regular thing I am assuming. The not so regular thing that happened is that on Sunday they couldn't get the doors to close. Which meant flooding. They immediately kicked everyone off the river, and we had quite a little scare that our campground may be flooded as well. It was actually pretty crazy! Luckily they got it under control and we didn't have to evacuate, but this is what the little creek on the side of the river looked like before... and after.

-Taking lots of pictures of little Lia...







-Playing the best solitaire game ever with Mark and Becky.... that could be my new favorite game!
- Going into West Yellowstone and doing a little shopping (hallelujah!)





-The "not so happy" highlight.... I left my Chi Straightener in Montana! I really am so sad about it!
- Just relaxing and being with family.
It was really great to get away from all the hustle and bustle for a while, but I will admit.... it is nice to be home.
Thanks again for a wonderful time! We love you!

2 comments:
How fun! Most of the time I'm super glad Eric doesn't enjoy sleeping on the ground, but you guys looked like you had tons of fun! Cute Pictures!
Love the pictures. I can't wait to get my camera! Looks like you guys had a good time, maybe we can make it next time. Then it would really be a party (ha ha). I'm glad you put up with my stinky brother. You two are pretty cute together!
Post a Comment