Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crazy Stuff

Last night some crazy stuff happened in North Salt Lake. And I mean, Ca-Ray-Za-Ee. Just as I am about to leave work I hear that an "empty vessel" has tipped over on the freeway causing "major delays". Major being the key word. They were estimating four to six hours drive time to get through the mess. A drive that typically takes me thirty minutes, was estimated at four hours... FOUR HOURS! Now, all of you who know me, know that I do not do well with traffic. I don't have the patience for it. So instead of sitting through hours of aggravation I decided to go to the Gateway and hang out a while until the traffic died down. Little did I know that everyone else in the downtown area had the exact same idea. It was jam packed with business men and women walking around with their Starbucks and briefcases. I decided after a couple hours of wandering aimlessly that I would attempt my journey home. I drove to Beck Street, which is usually my "shortcut"... well, there was no shortcut there. It was backed up all the way to 600 South in Salt Lake. So I ventured over to the freeway... no luck there either. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Which would be faster and less stressful? Just as I am contemplating the idea I see people driving in the emergency lanes on Highway 89. Not something that I handle well at all... when I see that I am tempted to scream and show a finger a probably shouldn't. So instead of taking the risk of getting mad at someone in my ward, or a client... I opted for the freeway. It ended up only taking me about an hour and a half, and luckily, without any major stress. People were considerably nice, seeing as we were all in the same situation. Hopefully the genius that decided to push and pull a 210,000 pound thing will get some slightly better ideas for next time, or better yet.... transport the dang thing in the middle of the night! All I can say is I hope that never happens again.... UDOT... I hope you are listening.
Here are my sights of the evening:
After I got through the mess the freeway was nearly empty.... kinda creepy...

No comments: