Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, March 3, 2008

RECAP:


The wedding was FABULOUS! It was the most perfect day I have ever had in my entire 22 years. Absolutely perfect. I wouldn't have changed one single thing. It was a completely calm day from start to end, which totally surprised me. The night before the wedding was like Christmas Eve when I was a little girl. It was a disturbed and sleepless night filled with anticipation. After a long and restless night Lauren came and picked me up in the morning and took me for breakfast. I could hardly eat a thing because of the butterflies in my stomach! Time continued to drag on so we had some extra hours to kill, and what better to do than a little retail therapy to calm my nerves? We hit the mall and I found some killer sunglasses for the honeymoon. Then it was on to the hair appointment. This, I was nervous for. I had two practice sessions with my hair stylist and they were both not quite up to par. She curled and styled and sprayed and sprayed some more. It was perfect, to my surprise... absolutely perfect. Now onto the makeup... I have always, since I was a little girl, been fascinated with makeup. You could call me a true girly girl. I have a drawer chuck full of different eyeshadows, lip glosses, liners etc. And today was the day I got to glam it up and use as many as possible. In High School Lauren and I used to sit in front of her mirror for hours getting ready for school dances or stomps or even just a night out with the girls. We would load on the makeup and most times look completely ridiculous. We did the same thing that day... we blasted the music and laughed and shared makeup... it was so fun to do that again with my best friend. We were both primped and ready to get the show on the road. We arrived at the Memorial House and everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It was a complete mad house! Somehow, luckily, it all came together just in time for guests to start arriving. Everyone was frantically getting ready and trying to get everything situated... and then it was calm... just calm. My Dad walked in and the tears started to flow. It was so weird. I wasn't my Dad's little girl anymore... I was Jerry's girl... and I would never be Heather Fox again. It was sad and exciting and so many other emotions all at once. And then it was time... we started to walk down the aisle, and all I saw was Jerry with a huge grin on his face. I wanted to run up the aisle, but my Dad had to slow me down. I savored that moment. Holding my Dad's hand and seeing Jerry waiting for me. The ceremony was ideal. Bishop Wright has come to know us and it put that extra personal touch on the ceremony. He reminded us of all the important things that we had already talked about. And then with a kiss, it was over. All that anxiety and stress.... gone... I was filled with complete and udder happiness. I was so happy Jerry and I couldn't keep our lips off each other! I am afraid we won't have one picture of us that we aren't kissing in! It was not intentional.... we just couldn't help it! haha. The reception was beautiful... All the little decorations my Mom and I worked on all came together and it looked great! The favor bags my mom and aunts put together were darling! The cute video Lauren made was amazing! The cake ( which was the only thing Jerry and I got to eat a small bite of) was delicious! I got to see so many people that I hadn't seen in so long It was amazing to see the support we had. It was overwhelming! All in all it was a perfect night! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Hopefully I will get some pictures up here soon so you can all see how great everything turned out.

Then it was on to the honeymoon! Cancun was a-maz-ing. Our resort was right on the beach, the most beautiful beach lined with palm trees and little huts to sit under for shade. It was awesome. We pretty much hung out at the hotel for the most part chilling in the pool or laying on the beach... we even got a couple games of ping pong in. Although, one day we went into downtown Cancun to do a little shopping. BIG mistake. The people there just haggle you and prod you to buy there junk. As annoying as it was we got our pleasure out of ignoring people or pretending like we were really interested in buying stuff and then just walking out. Jerry got some pretty cool stuff, or so he thinks. He got a fighting mask... like Nacho Libre... and he thought it was the coolest thing, he wore it the rest of the night. We both got some jewelry and a neat marble chess set for the house. We got a few other nick knacks and some henna tattoos and then we were SO done with shopping. I think that was the first time in my life I didn't want to shop anymore. haha. We went to Chili's for lunch, and sad to say that was the best food we ate our whole trip. Food was not the forte at the resort we were at. They did have a specialty restaurant that you could go to one night during your stay because of limited seating... and that food was delicious! "Yum Yum Yummy" as Jerry would say. Overall it was an awesome honeymoon... I just wish we could have stayed a few extra days.... I didn't want reality to set in quite yet.

But surely it did. Reality came at us with a stick and beat us right over the head with it. We got home to our apartment and it was full to the brim with gifts. We spent the entire afternoon opening gifts and organizing them into piles for the house. I can't believe how generous people are. I truly appreciate every one's gifts and cards and all the love that came with them. After our house was still full with gifts we moved some of Jerry's stuff into the apartment and I had a minor anxiety attack as to where we were going to fit everything. After a little jamming and shoving we fit it all. It is finally starting to feel like home, especially now that Jerry is in it with me. It's so nice to have a place of our own... it's like playing house, but it is for real this time. I love Jerry so much and I am so excited to go through this reality with him. I have had so many "awwwww" moments with him over the past couple of weeks. Last night after we said our nightly prayers Jerry gave me a kiss and told me I was the girl of his dreams... awwww. I made dinner and Jerry said he would do the dishes... awwww. I came home from work and the bed was made... awwww. It is the little things in life that mean the most. I am excited for all the little things to come.

I know this is a long post, but I had a lot to recap. Hopefully now that I am all caught up I will be able to make shorter posts in the future! Love you all!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You are right, your wedding was perfect! You looked amazing and your dress was incredible--I probably told everybody I know about it. I'm so happy for you guys and excited to have you in the family!