Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Friday, March 21, 2008

100

Okay, So I have been reading a few of my friends blogs, and they have been doing this fun thing... listing 100 things about yourself. In no particular order... just 100 random things about yourself. I always find myself laughing and finding new interesting and fun things about my friends. I thought this might be a fun way for you all to get to know me just a little better, and maybe find out something new about me too. I'm not really sure where to start, but here it goes...
1. I play the viola... I know, not really interesting or new...
2. I have played for 16 years.
3. I received a scholarship from the University of Utah for viola performance.
4. My whole plan was to graduate and go play for a recording studio like Disney or Warner Brothers and play in a really high class orchestra or quartet or something. Didn't quite work out.
5. I absolutely love music.
6. I always have to have music playing... in the car, in the house, at the gym... everywhere. Life seems so plane and boring without it.
7. I hate country music. I know, you are all shocked... but I hate the twang and the drawl.
8. I love musicals.
9. Some of my all time favorite movies are My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Moulin Rouge and Newsies.
10. I have every lyric to every Newsies song memorized.
11. When I was a kid I wanted to marry Jack Kelly (from Newsies).
12. Our kids were going to be David and Sara and our dog was going to be Spot Collins.
13. I secretly always wanted to be on Broadway. Unfortunately I don't have the pipes for it.
14. I was in choirs all through high school, and I LOVED it.
15. Yes, I was a true choir nerd.
16. I love to sing.
17. I sing in the car, in the shower, at work, pretty much anywhere and everywhere. My family always jokes I should be on American Idol... I think they are mocking me.
18. I played Lacrosse in high school, and I whooped some serious butt.
19. I was kicked out of every single lacrosse game I played.
20. I backpacked the Grand Canyon,
21. the Zion Narrows
22. and the Tetons.
23. I traveled with Rocky Mountain Strings to study with the Winiowski School of Music in Poland my sophomore year of high school.
24. And the Czech Republic.
25. I wish I was crafty. My mom can make just about anything out of just about anything and make it look like a million bucks. I missed the crafty genes somewhere.
26. I hate left-overs. I save everything... if there is one more portion of any food left I will save it. I always have the best intentions of eating it, but there is just something about old food that gets to me. I never end up eating them... luckily Jerry will eat just about anything.
27. I hate oatmeal. Okay, I am not picky! I just don't like the texture and the look of oatmeal. blah.
28. My favorite color is purple.
29. I love to wear black... its so classy and timeless.... and thinning! :)
30. I own WAY too many shoes. Especially black ones, probably to match all my black clothes.
31. I own WAY too many purses. Every shape size and color.
32. I only have one black purse though.... crazy how that works out.
33. I love to shop. Not just for clothes, but anything.... things for the house, groceries, gifts etc. It is probably not a good thing... but I can sure find a bargain too!
34. I love to get all dolled up.
35. Taking my time getting primped is so much fun! I hate to be in a hurry to get ready or do my hair.
36. I love to go camping. I know.... big surprise. You wouldn't think it with the way I like to shop and primp, but I really do love camping. You can just wear your grungy clothes and get dirty and it doesn't matter.
37. I love lazy days. I could wake up on a Saturday and stay in my sweats all day... watch a movie or curl up with a good book. I wish I had more days to just lounge around.
38. I HATE HATE HATE math. Never liked it, never will.
39. I love art, music and history.
40. I took Art History in high school and it was probably one of my all time favorite classes I ever had.
41. I love to read. I don't do it as much as I would like, but when I sit down with a nice book I am so relaxed and can't put it down! I wish I had more time to do that.
42. I love Harry Potter... I know, its a kids book, but I was a kid when the 1st book came out and I was hooked ever since!
43. I went to every Harry Potter movie at midnight on opening night.
44. and I will continue to do so.
45. I hate the snow.
46. I hate driving in the snow.
47. I hate shoveling snow.
48. I always think to myself in the middle of winter... why in the hell do I live in Utah!? It is beautiful, but I just hate dealing with it.
49. I love water sports... water skiing, tubing, jet ski's... I love it all.
50. I am a fish when it comes to water. I could swim all day.
51. I grew up with a pool, and spent every summer in the pool.
52. I was on the Skyline Jr. swim team when I was in 6th grade...
53. I vowed to never be on a swim team again when my sister beat me in the freestyle competition.
54. Then I took that vow right back when I beat her in breast stroke. haha.
55. I love watching sports.
56. Any sport. golf, football, basketball, baseball, ultimate fighting etc.
57. It's the playing that is hard for me. I think it's the hand-eye coordination thing.
58. I work at a bank.
59. I have worked for banks for almost 6 years.
60. I love to bake. I can bake cakes, cookies, brownies, bread... anything as long as I have a recipe.
61. I am a terrible cook. I feel bad for Jerry, I am trying to get better... luckily Jerry is a great cook. He's the cook... I'm the baker.
62. I have lived in 6 places in the last 5 years.
63. Moving is one of my all time least favorite things to do.
64. I am afraid of mice
65. and sharks
66. and being home alone at night.
67. I absolutely love scary movies.
68. I wish I could have lived in the days of Alfred Hitchcock, when The Birds and Vertigo were the scariest movies around.
69. And all the girls wore skirts and the guys dressed nice.
70. I want to cut my hair super short, but I am too scared. The last time I had my hair short everyone thought I looked like the choir teacher at my junior high. I am scarred for life.
71. My secret obsession is gossip magazines. For some crazy reason, I really like flipping through them.
72. I love taking road trips.
73. I hate driving in traffic... I get a small bit of road rage.
74. I LOVE dogs,
75. I HATE cats.
76. Wal Mart is one of the best creations on the face of the earth. I love it. Everything is so cheap.
77. Target is the second best.
78. Forever 21 is the third.
79. I love Mexican food.
80. The spicier the better.
81. I think the workers at Cafe Rio by Skyline know me by name.
82. I love pumpkin pie.
83. I love the smell of my mom's home made wheat bread.
84. If I was stuck on an island with only one food I would choose apples. They are delicious, and you can make a lot of yummy things out of them.
85. Anchorman is one of my all time favorite movies.
86. I worked for Wendy's in high school for a month.
87. And I still eat there.... they are actually quite sanitary.
88. I was a nanny for three summers in high school...
89. I love kids.
90. I can't wait to have another niece!
91. I am the coolest aunt ever.... just wait that is what the nieces and nephews will be saying.
92. Jerry and I met on the 4th of July 2005.
93. Jerry and I had our first kiss on the 4th of July 2005.
94. We were engaged November 8th, 2007.
95. We were married February 21st, 2008.
96. We have been married for a month....
97. And it has been an awesome month.
98. I love when my house is clean, the dishes are done and everything is put away.
99. It doesn't last long, but it feels great when it is done.
100. I hope Jerry is reading this... especially 98 & 99. haha.

Phew.... that took a while. Hopefully someone has the patience to read it. Love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was awesome heath.. i love when people do these things, they are fun to read... it was good to see you at brynns

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that you'll shun a nephew?? Favorite aunt, my butt!