Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Grady: 4 months


Is it possible that I love this little one even more every day? He just melts my heart! It is so fun to see him start doing new things every day! I am always so shocked at the things he does. They might sound little and dumb, but they are big milestones for our little Grady boy.
Some new things about Grady at 4 months:
-He is laughing out loud. It is more of a little chuckle, and we are still waiting for the full on gut busting laugh, but it is so sweet to see a huge smile come across his face and a small little squeel come out of his mouth!
-He is starting hold his toys all by himself and can even pick them up and hold them in his tiny fist. He even started to grab at really small things, like the tag on a blanket or the fringe his zebra toy.
-He loves his walker lately. It is his new favorite toy. He gets a kick out of moving his legs around and he can even push himself backwards just a little bit. He even grabs onto the toys and tries to play with them!
-He wakes up so happy in the morning! I love hearing him just talk to himself in his crib for a while when he wakes up, and when I go in there to get him he gets the biggest smile on his face!
-He has tried rice cereal a few times, and I am not sure what he thinks about it. He makes the funniest faces when he eats it. The first couple times he didn't want to have anything to do with it, but now he opens his mouth up wide and tries his very best to gobble it down.
-He is sleeping a little better at night. Still wakes up once a night and eats a big 6 oz. bottle in about ten minutes! He is a hungry little boy! I asked the pediatrician if I should worry that he isn't sleeping through the night yet, and he said that Grady had a huge growth spurt (he grew 3.5 inches in 2 months) and that he simply doesn't get enough food during the day for a boy that is growing as much as he is. He used to sleep about 4.5-5 hours and then wake up and sleep for another 4. But now he sleeps for 6-6.5 hours and then sleeps for another 3. I cannot wait for the day that he sleeps through the night! Let's hope that day is soon!
He is getting the cutest personality, and I love being around him... he really does make our family complete!
Grady's 4 Month Stats:
Height 26.5 inches (93%)
Weight 15.1 pounds (54%)
Head 16.75 inches (56%)
He is our tall skinny boy!
We love our Grady boy!

1 comment:

EmandZak said...

He is such a cutie! Seriously.