Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grady: One Month Old

My oh my! Where does the time go? My little Grady boy is already one month old! Here are a few of my favorite things about Grady I have noticed in the last month:

-I love how he lets out little squeaks and grunts while he sleeps.
-And cracks little smiles while he is having baby dreams.
-He loves to have his hands right up close to his face.
-He opens his eyes up wide and stares at me while he eats.
-He makes lots of cute and funny faces. I love the ones where he puckers his lips!
-I love his hairy face, ears and even his back... I wonder who he gets that from?
-I love his huge feet! His body still fits into his newborn outfits, but his feet don't!
-I melt when he lets out a big burp and lays his head down on my shoulder as if to say "I'm pooped!"
-I have had to learn how to change a little boys diapers... we have had some spraying accidents where I have been wet and Grady even got it in the face a couple times, poor guy!
-He hates to be naked! Changing diapers is not a fun time.
-But I love that he seems to calm down when I sing to him. His favorite songs are "Hello and how are you" and "How I love my little Grady".
-Even though I hate to hear him cry... he really does have the cutest cry ever.
-I love that he holds my fingers while he eats.
-Grady is not a fan of bath time. Again, he hates to be naked.
-He loves to be swaddled up tight in a blanket and held by me or Dad.
-Jerry finally has someone who he can blame the fart noises on! And Grady sure does let out some big ones!
-He loves his swing and bouncer.
-He has turned our house into a Laundromat.
-He snorts a little when he is crying really hard... I can't help but laugh.
-When he falls asleep on my chest after burping or tummy time, he has his mouth wide open and he has even drooled on me a couple times! Too funny.
-He can sleep through anything. I love that I can vacuum during nap time.


Grady has also had a lot of firsts and other exciting things happen in the last month:
-His first bath at home.
-His first blow out diaper... up the back AND down the leg.
-He was circumcised... sad!
-He got his first shot.
-His umbilical cord stub fell off.


His 2 week doctors appointment stats:
Height: 21 inches (68%)
Weight: 8 pounds (28%)
Head: 14.5 inches (44%)





2 comments:

Ninjas said...

Okay...In his 3 weeks old picture...He looks SOO much like Jerry to me. I can't believe it has already been a month! I want to meet him.

EmandZak said...

I love all those pictures! And hey, love the monkey, ;) And jerry looks so cute with him.