Week 33 (November 22-28)This week has been OK. Not a whole lot to complain about. That heartburn medication is helping A LOT. The kidney pain is still there, but the bad days don't seem quite as bad because I don't have the nausea on top of it all. There was a really bad snow storm this week and I was so paranoid to drive in it because of my accident last week. They canceled our childbirth class this week because of the storm, and I am a little sad about it. We had Thanksgiving this year with Jerry's family, and it was so much fun! I ate WAY too much and pretty much felt stuffed for two days after. It was worth it though. I will have probably gained five pounds at my next appointment! Meh. I did a little Black Friday shopping and it was a workout that is for sure! I don't think I will be doing that prego ever again. haha. Saturday morning we met with the cutest lady who does daycare in bountiful. We absolutely loved her and I think we will be using her after my maternity leave is over. We also went to the BYU vs. Utah game on Saturday and I looked like a balloon. I had three coats on, leggings, jeans and a huge blanket wrapped around me. At least I was warm-ish. Don't think I will be doing that prego again either. Way. Too. Cold. Overall not a bad week. Just feeling a little tired and ready to meet this little guy! I am on the home stretch!
Week 34 (November 29-December 5)Monday: Had my doctors appointment today. My blood pressure was a little higher than usual, but still normal. Hopefully it doesn't go any higher. I only gained 1 pound since my last appointment... shocker! I am still measuring a week ahead of schedule, and the babes heart rate is still going strong! I was hoping to get some more information today as to when I could expect this baby to be coming into the world... but my Dr. really wants to wait until my next appointment when he can check me "down there" and get a better idea of how I am progressing. I told him my kidney still hurts and he said we would discuss that at our next appointment as well. But for now it is looking like I will probably be delivering a couple of weeks early if my kidney problem doesn't get any better before then. Let's hope that I start progressing soon so that I can have this little guy soon!
Tuesday: We had our last childbirth class tonight and it was all about the actual labor and delivery part. I think it has finally sunk in a little with Jerry what we really have to go through to get him here. It is pretty intense... but I feel a lot better with more information about all of my options and all of the different risks. I am definitely not going to try and be a hero during our delivery. My birth plan is... drugs. Lots of em. Anything to take the pain away. haha.
Wednesday: Still feeling pretty good besides the kidney pain. Not much to complain about! WOO HOO! I met with our pediatrician tonight and I really liked him! One more thing done off my checklist! YAY!
Thursday: SO tired today. Like... drained. I am starting to have to get up more and more during the night to go to the bathroom. Leaves me feeling a little tired in the morning. Tonight I went to our ward relief society Christmas dinner and it was great! I needed some spiritual uplifting. It was also nice to get lots of advice from the ladies in the ward.
Friday: Lauren came over tonight and we ate some delish cafe rio and chatted a lot about life and just stuff. She helped me put the bumper pads on the crib and I showed her all the cute little baby things we had received from all our showers. She is such a great friend and I can't wait for her to be a mom... she will be the best at it! I am starting to notice that I am beginning to swell in my feet and legs more lately. I showed Lauren my poor feet and the look on her face was priceless!
Saturday: Today my cute friends from High School threw me a shower and it was so much fun! We ate delicious food, played some fun games and opened some of the most darling gifts ever! I now feel pretty much prepared for the baby to get here. We only have a few things left to get and we are READY! Time is flying by and I can't wait to meet the little one. Tonight we went to Chili's with Jerry's brother and his wife and it was so yummy! I could eat tubs of their chips and queso. Mmmm. We went back to my in-law's house to watch a movie but my kidney seriously acted up really bad and we had to go home early. I am ready for this pain to be over with ! Hopefully soon!
Sunday: Today I have some mad pain in my whoo-ha area. (sorry about the TMI). It feels like I have been riding a bike or a horse all day. I also noticed my belly is starting to take on a different look. Could the baby be dropping?
1 comment:
Hang in there, Heather! It is all SO worth every ache and pain. Love ya!
Post a Comment