Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pregnancy Journal: Week 19-20

Week 19 (August 15-21):
Sunday, Monday: Feeling pretty good today. Not much sickness to report. I didn't feel the baby move too much today or yesterday. I poked him a little and I felt him give me a little poke back so that made me feel a little better. He is an active little bugger so when I don't feel him too much it kinda gives me a freak out. All in all a couple of pretty good days.

Tuesday: Today I went to lunch with my little brother Garrett and Jerry. This will be the last meal I share with my little brother for at least two years. Kinda weird to think about. I started to cry at lunch when I was telling Garrett how proud I was of him. And when he told me he was sad he wasn't going to be here when the baby came I kinda had a melt down. He is such a good guy and I am so proud of him. I would be lucky to have a son as cool as my little brother.

After lunch Jerry and I went to our "big" ultrasound appointment. Everything looked really good (relief)!! The ultrasound technician was super nice and she explained to us what all the shadows were and all the organs etc. Everything looked normal which made me really happy. When she was trying to get a good look at the very tippy top of his head the babe would shake his little head like he was saying "leave me alone!". It was too funny and too cute. We were also able to catch a glimpse of him opening and closing his mouth, moving his little legs and give his mama a good punch in the gut (little stinker). It is amazing what you can see this early in pregnancy. He looks like a normal little human now! She did say that he was measuring at 20 weeks and 1 day, when in fact I was supposed to be 19 weeks and 2 days. So the due date got bumped up to January 3rd. We will see if it sticks!

Wednesday: Hard to get out of bed this morning. In the morning my stomach muscles are really tight. I wonder if that is normal? After I pee they seem to loosen up a bit. I am just so sleepy all day today. Hopefully that gets better too. I need me some ENERGY!

Thursday: I feel pretty lousy this morning and I am a sweating machine! I had to change my shirt at work because I had rings around my pits. Not a good look. Fortunately, I had an extra work shirt in my trunk that I was able to throw on. Unfortunately, it BARELY fit me at all. So I went online and ordered a few essentials for work. Hopefully they fit me better than this tight shirt that is about bursting at the seems! Yowza.

Friday: I woke up this morning and thought to myself... I have only thrown up one time this whole week.... and it is FRIDAY! TGIF. How awesome is that? Well.... the enthusiasm didn't last long. I got to work early and was doing my thing. All of a sudden I upchucked right into my garbage can at work. I had to carry my garbage can downstairs as I was hurling into it. Not an easy task. It was more embarrassing than anything, but I got over it. I threw up a few more times at work and decided I needed a break... I took an early lunch (9:45am) and went to my mother in laws house where she spoiled me and made me feel a lot better! There is a chick at work that I am pretty sure thinks I am faking this whole thing and I want to beyotch slap her a good one. Seriously... people that aren't sick during pregnancy just don't understand and it really sucks to feel like you are being doubted by the people around you. Not cool. Not cool at all.

On the brighter side of things.... at least I can feel him moving A LOT today. I think Jerry might be able to feel a few of these jabs the little guy is giving me! Fingers crossed.

Week 20: (August 22-28)

Sunday: I am so tired today. Like.... SO SO tired. I woke up and ate some cereal and went back to sleep. I didn't go to church and I slept for a good four hours straight. Jerry went to his parents house and I just lounged around at home. It felt nice to just lay around, but I don't know why I am so tired!?! Oh, that's right... I am growing a human inside me. That must be it.

Monday: Had another Dr. appointment today and it was great! The doctor reviewed with me what the ultrasound technician had found and everything looks perfectly normal! He listened to the heartbeat and it was faster than I remember! He said it was about 160... just right! It was fun to hear him moving around in there. He even kicked right where the sonogram was and it made a loud THUMP. It was pretty cute. The doctor also said to keep my due date as January 9th and they can adjust it later if they need to. Tonight I was laying on the couch and I could feel him moving A LOT so I lifted up my shirt and saw my entire belly shake when he kicked me. It happened three times in a row and I called for Jerry to come look. By the time he got there he had completely stopped moving. Jerry thinks I am just making all of this up.

Tuesday: Another good day. No barfing.... yet. Just feeling extra hot today. Not like HAWT hot, but like sweaty and fingers swelling up hot. Ew. I need a fan fixed to my shoulder that always blows cold air on me. Wouldn't that be nice? We got our baby bedding in the mail today. It is nice to feel like I am sorta being productive in the nursery department. This is a good start to a lot of work ahead. I can't wait!

Wednesday: Today is Jerry's first day of school and I will be the first to admit that his work schedule totally sucks. He doesn't get home from work/school until about 10 pm. That is a LONG day if you ask me. He will be packing a lunch and a dinner while he is in school. That's not very fun. I will be kinda lonely this semester. I guess it will just give me extra time to get the nursery ready and get our house in order for the baby to arrive.

Thursday: Feeling lousy today. Dang. I was having such a good run! Almost five whole days without being sick!! I guess I can be happy about that accomplishment. I think I will get myself a smoochie smoothy to make myself feel better... it always helps. My wedding ring didn't fit this morning when I tried to put it on. Sad day.

Friday: I had a busy morning. I was running late and I was trying to hurry and get to the post office to send a package off to my little missionary brother. I hurried to work and was busy from the get go. After a little while things had slowed down and I thought to myself... Have I felt the baby move today? I had been so busy, I hadn't even noticed. I thought I would go to bathroom, because sometimes after my bladder is emptied I get a little extra movement from the little one. When I went to the bathroom I about had a heart attack. Blood. Not much, but enough to freak me out. I immediately called my doctor and told them what was going on. They asked me if I had felt baby move, and I said I didn't think I had. They told me to lay down for an hour and see if I could get any movement. They were looking for about five movements within an hour. I was so scared. A rush of memories came flooding back into my mind and my imagination was running wild with scary thoughts of what could be happening to my precious cargo. I went ahead and took the doctors advice and tried to keep calm and lay down to feel some fetal kicks. Nothing. For an hour. Nothing. I thought maybe I felt him move once, but I wasn't sure if it was just me moving or if it was him. Terrified. I called the doctor back and they scheduled me to come in and get checked out. I called Jerry. He was nervous too, I could hear it in his voice. But he was calm. He said he would be there. I went to my sister in law, Ashlee's, to wait for Jerry. It was so nice to just be able to sit and talk and get my mind off of things for a few minutes. I was a complete wreck, and she was so nice to pamper me a little. Finally Jerry got there and we headed up to the doctor. They took my blood pressure, normal. Weight, normal. My emotions... not so normal. They took me right in to have an ultrasound. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in I thought I was going to throw up. I was so nervous and I looked over at Jerry saying a silent prayer. The doctor came in and asked a few questions and said he wasn't too worried, but let's check everything out. Immediately we saw a heartbeat... relief!!! But baby still wasn't moving. He jiggled my stomach around a little and still no movement. I asked why he wasn't moving and he said he is probably just in a sleep cycle. They checked the amniotic fluid, the placenta and the heart rate. Everything looked normal. I asked why would I be bleeding? He didn't really have a good answer for me. He said for some people it is completely normal to have some bleeding in pregnancy. He also said that sometimes if the cervix gets agitated or overstimulated it can cause some bleeding. He told me to keep an eye on the bleeding and if it got worse to call him. He made me feel completely comfortable and told me to call him with any questions. They continued to monitor me and baby for a while and everything looked fine. When we left the office I just started to bawl. Not cry, bawl. Jerry just held me and I cried. I was so relieved that everything was okay. I took the rest of the day off from work and I went home and took a nice long nap. I woke up and felt baby move. Jerry went and got us some food for dinner and we just relaxed on the couch the rest of the night. I was emotionally drained, but so thankful that everything was alright. My prayer that night was full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father and pleading that everything would go smoothly from here on out. Talk about a stressful day. Just glad things are ok.

Sunday: Feeling TONS-O-MOVEMENT today. WOO HOO!! I sat in church and he was doing flips in my stomach! It was so awesome. The movement continued throughout the day and my worrying subsided a bit. The bleeding has stopped and I think baby gaga is going to be just fine.

PREGNANCY SURVEY WEEK 20:
How far along? 20 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: According to my Doctors office scale 10 pounds. According to my scale at home 9 pounds. (Hey... it's a pound, ok?)
Maternity clothes? Exclusively. Nothing else feels comfortable at the moment. I even had to break down and buy new underwear.
Sleep: Getting harder and harder to come by. Can never get comfortable and I am HOT HOT HOT at night.
Best moment this week: Getting good news after our first pregnancy scare, and getting the baby bedding in the mail!
Movement: The little guy is moving ALL THE TIME now. Even at night while I am sleeping I will wake up to a little nudge or poke.
Food cravings: Milk (we went through a whole gallon in two days!). Doritos (don't ask). Ben and Jerry's Everything but the... ice cream (Heavenly).
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? In. But very stretched out.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and licking the bowl after making a brownie mix or raw cookie dough. A nice cold Dr. Pepper for lunch everyday.
What I am looking forward to: When Jerry is able to feel the baby moving.
Weekly Wisdom: The baby is now covered in a waxy substance so it doesn't wrinkle and shrivle up in my tummy. Kinda cool. I need some of that stuff for when I take a nice long bath.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i did not like reading about friday. my heart sank and i cried for you. but i am SO glad baby gaga is okay:) and that YOU are okay. i, too, will pray that everything goes smoothly from here on out!

Heather said...

Thanks Kell... I really appreciate that. It was definitely scary, but I am glad everything is ok. Thanks for the prayers... a few extra never hurt anyone, right?

Stephanie said...

Okay I love your pregnancy journals - SO SO cute! You take care mama :) Hope you get more "feeling good" days to come!

TomKat said...

I love the pregnancy journals as well! If you ever ever ever get bored while Jerry is at school, give me a call, seriously. Ben leaves the first week in October for deployment, and so I am flying solo.

Chauntel said...

I totally know what you mean about people thinking your "faking" it! If you don't beyotch slap that girl, I will. Hope you get feeling better. If you need anything let me know! I'm home without a husband too!

Amelia Poll said...

My heart dropped when I was reading about Friday - I know how scary it is when the baby stops moving for a while, and you can't get him to move, but I never experienced that coupled with bleeding. I am so happy that everything is OK though. And, lucky you, you got an extra ultrasound (although, not the best reason to get another one).

I am definitely keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I feel bad that you are having such a rough pregnancy, but it is worth it in the end. Keep up your positive attitude. Here's hoping for more "feel good" days!!

Klo said...

I love you Bizzle!!! Although i have no husband and no baby...im ALWAYS here for you!!! I love you to pieces!! Glad everything is okay, call me if you need ANYTHING!! Love you!!!