Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Before and After: Ceiling Fan

Everything in our house is brass. Doorknobs, light fixtures, hinges, railings.... EVERYTHING. We have already started to replace some of the light fixtures and other things, but it can get expensive. I thought I would try and be thrifty and refinish what I already have. So... Here is what I came up with.
{Our ceiling fan before... a brass mess. }


{in the process... priming}

{after the painting... without the new light}
Did you know they have Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint? AND did you know it is AMAZING? I think I may be using this on a few other projects. It was so easy to use and it came out great! I spent $8 on spray paint (primer and paint), $30 on new lights for our fan and VOILA! A brand new fan.
Here was my inspiration ($177 at Lowes).

$38 later.... and I am happy with the results!


Yay for thrifty home makeovers!

7 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

Beyotch! That looks awesome!! You are a domestic goddess!! :)

Jared and Jesse said...

nice work! that looks awesome!

Tanya Rasmussen said...

you are so crafty. Way to go chica!

t.t.turner said...

That is AMAZING! Heather, I can't believe that - you are amazing!

Amelia Poll said...

I am highly impressed. It looks fabulous - I would have never thought you could paint a brass celing fan.

Melissa said...

To be honest, your edition is much cuter! Way to go!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Wow, it's amazing how much it looks like the inspiration! I have a couple of brass monsters to deal with in my own home... ugh.