So... Jerry and I were made our ward activities leaders, and we need to come up with a plan for the rest of the years activities. Some of the activities that our ward has done in the past sound a little dull to us {I hope nobody from my ward reads this!}, so we were wondering....
What is your favorite ward activity?
or
What activity would you like to see your ward do?
Our ward also does a "Breakfast with Santa" themed Christmas party on a Saturday morning... but they don't have a program or have any mention of Christ {one complaint we had from many people in the ward}. Everyone seems to love getting their picture with Santa, but how could I incorporate the true meaning of Christmas into the event? What does your ward do for their Christmas party?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
4 comments:
Wow! That's a serious calling- good luck! I'll give you a few ideas from my parents ward..I think they aren't too bad but they could be depending on your ward demographic. A Christmas breakfast sounds really fun- you could ask the primary to put on the nativity with all the girls wearing white (angels) and all the boys wear towels (shepards). I don't know. They also have a luau during the summer months and they make hawaiin haystacks and have music and games (they do it at a small park in the neighborhood). Another one that is not a kid activity is Progressive Dinners- You have one person host at their house for appetizers, another house for the salad and main course and the last house for dessert. But depending on how many people you have sign up to come you could have more people host and you could use the church so everyone can have dessert together. That's more of a social one. Hopefully these help!!
Wow...that sounds like a tough calling to me! My fave ward activity usually happens in early summer and early fall. We have a 5k fun run/bike in the morning, followed by a ward breakfast in the park.
The heels are totally yours! I hope you love them! I saw on Facebook that Missy Linford asked for your address for her wedding.. are you going? Cause I think I'm going- I could give them to you then. Let me know!
I bet Jerry jumped up and down at this calling, he's such a party planner haha! We missed our ward Christmas party here but our old ward just did the usual-dinner, a program of some sort and then the 'surprise' visit. At this ward we do a summer ward BBQ in the bishop's giant backyard, it's really fun. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Post a Comment