Things that sometimes suck about being a girl:
-being extremely emotional at one particular time during the month.
-getting excited about getting a fun haircut.
-being extremely disappointed about getting the ugliest haircut ever.
-STILL being too emotional about stupid things.
I came home last Thursday night, plopped down on my bed and started to cry. When Jerry came in the room to check on me he gently sat on the bed, rubbed my back and slowly asked, "What's wrong?" after a few small gasps of breath between my heavy sobs I replied, "I HATE MY HAIR!" I know Jerry was holding back his laughter, because surely I couldn't be this HYSTERICAL over hair, right? WRONG. I was HYSTERICAL. I rolled over on the bed and began to rant and rave about how awful my hair looked and how upset I was that I could get such a terrible haircut right before my sisters wedding {AND we had to speak in church on Sunday}! I was so upset there wasn't anything Jerry could do to make me feel better. I came to the conclusion that if I washed it and styled it myself it would look so much better. I calmed myself down and washed my hair. Immediately when I started to blow dry my hair the waterworks started all over again. It was AWFUL. I was mad at myself for even trying a new person (who by the way was a WAY cute girl and she only charged $45 for a cut AND a color... I guess you get what you pay for right?) and attempting to get my hair done RIGHT before we were supposed to go out of town.
The next day I woke up, looked in the mirror and started to cry AGAIN. I called Jerry's cousin in a panic and asked her if there was ANYTHING she could do to help me out. She had a super busy schedule, but she was kind enough (my hero) to squeeze me in to see what she could do to fix my poor hair. I honestly didn't think there was anything that could be done to fix my sad looking locks... but Chelsea pulled through for me. We ended up having to change the WHOLE look I was originally going for.... but it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than what it was before. Chelsea, you really are the BEST!! I should have just gone to her in the first place!
I am too embarrassed to even post a picture of what my hair looked like before (which takes a lot to embarrass me... so you get the point as to how bad it really was). I guess there is a lesson to be had through this situation....
-Just because the stylist is a super cute and trendy girl, doesn't necessarily mean that she is good with a pair of scissors
-You get what you pay for. This is a lesson to the men out there as well.... let your wives spend a little extra on their hair. You will be grateful you did...so you won't have a situation on your hands like Jerry did.... poor guy.
-It's just hair. It will grow back. (IF ANYONE ELSE TELLS ME ABOUT THIS LESSON I THINK I MIGHT PULL A BRITNEY AND SHAVE MY HEAD).
1 comment:
I totally agree with you! Nothing worse than a bad haircut. Seriously! I'm glad you got it fixed! Love you, Beyotch!
Post a Comment