Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition


After many long months of watching countless episodes on TLC and HGTV I think I have gotten the hang of a home makeover. Although we are far from professionals I think it turned out alright. With a lot of help from friends and family we were able to pull our house together. After numerous trips to The Home Depot and hundreds of dollars spent on cans of paint, we are very happy with the end result. Here are a few before and afters... {ps... I LOVE the names of paint. they are so interesting and fun.}

Entry Before
Entry After Living Room Before{Goodbye stenciled vines!}
Living Room After {Hello harvest brown!} Dining Room Before
Dining Room After
Kitchen Before Kitchen After {next project... paint the kitchen cupboards} Hallway Bathroom Before {Goodbye blue sponge paint} Hallway Bathroom After{Hello harmonic tan} Spare Bedroom Before {or as we lovingly call it... "the blue room". Goodbye blue sponge painted walls AND ceiling. Goodbye glow in the dark stars... EVERYWHERE} Spare Bedroom After {Hello silver drop and granite stone. Ah, MUCH better.} Second Spare Bedroom {they left it white, so we didn't touch it! Thank heavens for white paint!} Master Bedroom Before {Goodbye green sponge paint.... seriously.... why??} Master Bedroom After {Hello sandstone cove and squirrel. Hello nuetral heaven.} Master Bathroom Before {Goodbye green and pink sponge paint. Goodbye homemade curtains.} Master Bathroom After {Hello harmonic hush and silver drop. Hello bright and beautiful!} {Word to the wise.... sponge painting can be a bad thing. A very bad thing. Especially when you try to do the whole house with two cans of paint. Blue and green. Not a good idea. }


We feel like we have had a home makeover overhaul for the last couple weeks, and we still have quite a bit more stuff we would like to do. But for now, it is feeling much more like home! Thanks to all of those who helped paint {Dan, Mark, Becky, Dad, Kris, Lauren and Eric}, we really couldn't have done it without you all! Thanks a ton!

You are all welcome over anytime to come check out our new diggs. Thanks again for all of your love and support! We love you all!

9 comments:

Amber said...

It seems my trusty blog list hasn't been telling me when people have updated their blogs--I haven't seem so many of your new posts! Your house looks really great, you guys are paintin' fools! And congrats on extending your & Jerry's contract to ETERNITY! That is a long time so you guys must really like each other, like Dyon said. You guys have had a lot going on, aren't you glad it's all over? WHEW, now you can relax, enjoy the house, and hang out with your new, almost close enough to be neighbors--US! You're so lucky!

t.t.turner said...

Why would you paint over the beautiful stencil work? You could really make that work, and do a circa-1991 decor! :)
Congratulations on being sealed. Being married for eternity is the best. :)
Your home looks beautiful!

pirate ride said...

Wow you guys have been busy!! It looks fabulous!The before was horrendous and the after is amazing! you choose great colors!!Love it, way cute house!

erin said...

I am so impressed. I love what you did. Can you come do my house?

Unknown said...

SOOO much better.. where is this house by the way? and who owned it before that thought blue + green + sponge = classy?? haha glad you fixed it.

dockters said...

Wow...what a difference paint can make! Your house looks great! I love all of the colors you chose. I'm with Tally though...sad to see the stencil work gone! :) It's darling, heather!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

You guys made some seriously awesome changes...nice work! Don't you just love fresh paint! It's like a whole new house....great work! :)

Melissa said...

Your home looks so good! I have to admit, I was a little horrified looking at the paint that the people before you had chosen! How did they live with that?? Your edition is much classier and so beautiful! Good work!

Klo said...

BIZZLE NIZZLE! Your house looks AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to come visit!!! Congrats again!