This week will be the one year mark since we were blissfully engaged. The time has just flown by, yet I feel like we have been together forever! That is a good thing, right? I thought this would be a perfect time to share the story about how Jerry and I met and how we got to where we are today.
I have known Jerry since July 2005. We met when my friends Sherry and Megan wanted to watch fireworks with some boys that they went to high school with, who had just recently returned from their missions (Jerry was one of those boys). We went to the top of the hill in Holladay and watched the whole valley light up with bright lights. It was a perfect setting for some major flirtation... and believe me, we both had our flirt on! After the fireworks we went to Sherry's apartment and "watched a movie". I don't think we watched much of it. haha. I just remember being so worried because Jerry had only been home from the mission for two months and I felt like I was corrupting him or something by kissing him on the first date... and it wasn't even a real date! haha. He was just so cute and nice, and clean shaven( I know, can you believe it?)! I really liked him a lot. We went on a couple more dates, but back then I had a stupid rule that I was only going to go on a few dates with one guy.... to make sure things didn't get too serious (aka I had a missionary I was "waiting" for). Well... we kept in touch and after a while we started hanging out again in the summer of 2006. He had changed quite a bit, he had a beard and shaggy hair and was trying to play hard-to-get. Apparently I had really hurt his feelings when I blew him off the summer before(which I still feel bad about to this day), and was trying to get a little payback. I seriously had to throw myself at him to get a response... it was all part of his game, and obviously it worked! He was just perfect for me and whenever I would go on a date with someone else all I wanted to do is be with him. That is when I knew he was the one for me. We were pretty exclusive by the fall and made it official in February of 2007. He said "I love you" a few months later.... and I was elated! Since we had known each other for so long things just seemed right, and the next step was an easy one. Jerry proposed to me on November 8, 2007. I was taking Jerry to meet my family in Arizona that night. When I went to Jerry's house to get ready to go to the airport he was acting really weird. I thought maybe he was just nervous to fly, or to meet my family. But when I went into his room to help get his luggage he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand. It was so simple and sweet, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. We were then married February 21, 2008 and have been learning and loving each other ever since!
...Here are some pictures of us through our dating years...




I truly do believe I am the luckiest girl in the world because Jerry is in it with me! I know this sounds so cliche and lame, but he is my world and I don't know where I would be without him. I only wish that everyone could be as lucky as me to have a guy like Jerry. He is so loving and patient with me... even when I probably don't deserve it! I am so glad that things have worked out the way they have... I wouldn't change one single thing!
I love you so much babe! Thanks for all you do for me, and I can't wait for our future together. You are the best. Loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment