HABITS TO KICK:
1-Caffeine

I think over the years I have started to drink more and more of this delicious treat. It started to give me a little boost for my day, but has quickly evolved into a very bad habit. I either buy a drink every morning or buy a twenty pack at the grocery store (and that only lasts about a week!). It has gone WAY too far, and I am determined to kick this one to the curb. Not only will I be healthier... I will also be RICH (I wish)! Goodbye my caffeinated lover.
2-Weight 
Over the years I have gained a wee bit of weight. Now when I say a wee bit.... I mean A TON! It is so hard for me to go back and look through old pictures and see how much weight I have actually gained. I haven't been very good about thinking before I eat... and I am VERY determined to get this one over with. I know the holidays aren't the best time to start something like this... but at least I won't be quite as tempted to eat those sweet treats... especially since I am telling the world what a fatty I am! haha. I would LOVE to go back to my high school weight, but I just don't think that is an achievable goal... so I am going to first try to go back to my college days weight.... then work on getting back to my high school days. I'll let you know how well that goes. We even bought a new scale over the weekend to motivate ourselves... I'm not sure if it is more motivating or more depressing. Goodbye sweet treats and sleeping in late.... Hello Mr. Gymnasium and celery sticks! Ultimately... Hello bikini's and my old size four jeans that have been hiding in the back of my closet.... oh, how I have missed you.

Over the years I have gained a wee bit of weight. Now when I say a wee bit.... I mean A TON! It is so hard for me to go back and look through old pictures and see how much weight I have actually gained. I haven't been very good about thinking before I eat... and I am VERY determined to get this one over with. I know the holidays aren't the best time to start something like this... but at least I won't be quite as tempted to eat those sweet treats... especially since I am telling the world what a fatty I am! haha. I would LOVE to go back to my high school weight, but I just don't think that is an achievable goal... so I am going to first try to go back to my college days weight.... then work on getting back to my high school days. I'll let you know how well that goes. We even bought a new scale over the weekend to motivate ourselves... I'm not sure if it is more motivating or more depressing. Goodbye sweet treats and sleeping in late.... Hello Mr. Gymnasium and celery sticks! Ultimately... Hello bikini's and my old size four jeans that have been hiding in the back of my closet.... oh, how I have missed you.
3-Cooking

I am a terrible cook. I mean.... I can cook, I just don't. For some reason I just don't want to come home after a long day of work and fix up a big meal and do a million dishes (okay I know I am exaggerating). I always have the best intentions when we go to the grocery store, buying lots of fruits and veggies.... but then I always end up throwing out rotten food by weeks end. It is a terrible habit I have come accustomed to, and it needs to go. I am now going to start making at least ONE new recipe per week. So.... any EASY and healthy recipes would be welcome! I LOVE to bake, but I am going to hold off on that one for a while... seeing as I need to work on problem #2. Goodbye microwave... Hello stove top.
I was going to list a fourth problem... but I think I would feel overwhelmed if I did. These are quite the tasks I have at hand... and hopefully I can stick to my guns and follow through with my master plan. Hopefully I don't make a complete fool out of myself and fail at all of these goals... I have the blog world to keep me motivated... and a mirror!
Am I the only one out there that has some habits that need kicking?? Maybe I can motivate you to kick it to the curb.... what habit do you need to rid yourself of?
5 comments:
I have plenty!! But my worst one is COFFEE!!! But im not ready to say good buy to my mornig wake my up friend!! You are very inspiring though! I also think I am A bloggacholic!(sp).I wish you luck with concoring your habits.
P.S I DON'T think your a fatty!!!
I feel ya on bad habits. Recently Joe came up with this rule: no eating past 7:00 pm. It is pretty easy to do and prevents late night snacking! I am going to post an easy recipe so check my blog!
Sleeping in! If I would get up when the alarm went off instead of hitting snooze four times (Even though my snooze is set for 5 minutes) I would be showered, fed and on time!
Oh where do I begin?
*Feeling the need to hop on the elliptical only to find myself scarfing down on those new limited edition peppermint oreos. (Seriously, don't buy them!)
*Diet coke
*Staying up WAY too late
*Choosing between sleeping a few more minutes or showering...sleeping wins way too often (you may not want to sit too close to me tomorrow night-haha!)
See, you are certainly not the only one that could kick some of those bad habits! And how strong you are to start this just before the holidays!
Hey :) I hope you don't care that I check your blog now... :) But, I just wanted to tell you that I am going to copy you and kick some things to the curb as well...first off is my baby weight, fast food, and caffeine. I'm sure I will think of more before the night is over :)
Post a Comment