Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

On the Hunt

This weekend was the last chance Jerry would have of getting a deer. He had gone a couple times before with no luck. I was determined to be his lucky charm, and since I had bought some orange gear for my Halloween costume I was ready to go out on the hunt. We went out early in the morning and sat in the freezing cold and waited.... waited some more.... went to a different spot.... waited and did some more waiting. I had NO IDEA how much patience it takes to be a hunter! The mountains were scattered with many orange clad people all hoping for the same thing we were hoping for.... just one shot. We scoped out the area with our binoculars, sat quietly for hours and took in the great outdoors. It was really beautiful. The leaves are beginning to change colors and the air is crisp.... I love the Fall! Unfortunately we didn't see any deer.... we always have next year, right?
My hubster in action!
Sporting the oh so flattering orange gear!
The best part of the whole thing was taking Jerry's old truck up the mountain. I was literally scared for my life! We were bouncing around truckin it up the hill. It felt like we were seriously going so fast, when I looked over we were only going 15 mph. What an adventure!
It was a beautiful day.... which made the whole thing well worth it!

2 comments:

pirate ride said...

Ok dang it!! I want french kiss and pendant-aliscious!! I have to stop looking @ you way cute stuff!! When can I come get them?? Thanks Heather! Audra~

Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a good time on the hunt! I think orange is your color!